Braxton Hicks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Chellebelle, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Chellebelle

Chellebelle Well-Known Member

I felt my first real BH contraction this morning. I was driving to work and my whole tummy tightened up and I got a sharp pain - which was quite intense. I almost stopped the car... but after about 30 seconds it started to fade. At first I though "oh my goodness I am having a baby!" :rofl: then when the pain went my sanity came back and I realised what it was. Scary though.

2. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

It's all donwhill from now on!!!:rofl:

3. Chellebelle

4. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

Aah! I remember getting my first one too. I thought baby had wedged itself sideways across my uterus!! It took me a few minutes to clcik what it was! You get used to them and just start to inore them after a while. You'll have some that are just tight and some that can really take your beath away. It's a good sign though - I've been told that if they start nice and early, they really tone your uterus up ready for labour. So make the most of them!!!

5. Welsh_mum_to_b

Welsh_mum_to_b Due Oct 17th

I dont think iv ever had one, is this normal??
    x

6. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

I dont think ive had these yet!!

7. Chellebelle

I've read up on it and it says that some women don't notice them until the last week... and some women notice them at the start of the third tri... so I think either is normal... as long as they don't become regular.

8. Welsh_mum_to_b

Welsh_mum_to_b Due Oct 17th

i may have gotten away with not having any at all then...? Just bring on my contractions now!! :)

xx

9. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

hopefully ill be lucky and wont notice them then :D

10. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Bless you, now you mention it i dont think i've had any either. Well i might have but just not noticed lol

11. Brockie

Brockie Well-Known Member

Yep they feel very strange at first i have noticed them from about 22 weeks or so? you get them from 6 weeks onwards but not all ladies notice them, guess we are the lucky ones! xx

they are good practice for the labour my MW says?! i asked a friend of mine this week if she had them with her 2 kids and she asked what they were?!

when you get one practise slow breathing through it, it does help, obviously when we get to the real thing remembering to breathe will be the last thing we think about!:rofl:

12. Chellebelle

:rofl: next time I get one I'll try to remember that... I think my reaction this time was "OUCH!!!! WHAT THE!!!" :rofl:

thanks everyone for your replies!