Braxton Hicks

pennysbored

Reaction score
So if I has any doubt as to whether they happened this early on, its gone now.
For the past 24 hours my uterus has been aching from the top down. Frankly, its kinda worrisome how much it actually aches, I haven't been this concerned about something in a couple months. Its not like cramps, really, and everything else is business as usual, but is it normal for it to constantly ache? Like I say, its not sharp pains or anything, but it did wake me up from a nap this afternoon.
Any wise words? Should I panic and call my doc in the morning, or am I (for the first time in a while) rightfully concerned??

Not sure what it is exactly, but I find mine aches a lot recently too! I also get horrible back ache with it :(

i was just going to make a thread about the same thing! mine has gone now also, but it did wake me from my nap yesterday and my bump was really aching!and i had a pain in the middle of my bump, i was going to ring the midwife cos it got quite painful and i was wondering if its braxton hicks or something else!? quite worrying x

Isn't it though? Argh!
I just read in a another thread about how dehydration can make these things worse.
More water for Penny...

If you are worried though call in and see what they say. I had braxton but its not a constant ache. It is more like tightening. Your entire uterus gets hard for a few seocnds then eases up. Yep check if water does the trick and if it does it was just abit of dehydration. If it doesn't then clal in and ask :) Hugs

I've been having an aching belly today too... mine is more of a tight sensation that comes and goes. More after I been sat down for a bit though?

Ya thats what hicks feels like. Tightening or tightening and crampy like.

I've got a really achey belly today too - all over really, like it's too heavy already (though it's only small really).

It's not a definite tightening though - which i think is what would make braxton hicks quite identifiable???? i'd maybe just call the hospital just for a bit of reassurance. Normally when i'm aching i take paracetemol and put a warm hot water bottle on the ache and it helps after a while.

I have had braxton hicks for a few weeks now, its weird, I dont remember having them this early with my others???!!. They are very uncomfortable, thankfully they only last 30 secs or so.

I've got a really achey belly today too - all over really, like it's too heavy already (though it's only small really).

It's not a definite tightening though - which i think is what would make braxton hicks quite identifiable???? i'd maybe just call the hospital just for a bit of reassurance. Normally when i'm aching i take paracetemol and put a warm hot water bottle on the ache and it helps after a while.

Yeah! More like that! I have had the contractions, I wonder if its something to do with them intensifying, and my poor uterus is just not used to the strain or something. I haven't any complications this pregnancy, I had an internal at my 14 week appointment, and everything checks out...
But yeah, it does feel really heavy. Waiting for the doc to call back...I'm not as worried as I was yesterday, though, its really eased up.

Ive had where one part of my belly normally to the right side of my belly button go hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->