Braxtons Hicks - are these them and can you 'imagine' them?

alasia

Reaction score
Weird question....but I never really had that many BH with my last two pregnancies and this time round, I've been getting quite strong ones from around 20 weeks, some coupled with dull crampy pains/aches under my bump, and these ones I've been getting for a few hours where I'll feel nothing, then all of a sudden a strong, sharp squeezing sensation and almost crushing pain just under my bump, nowhere else. It's right along the line of where my waistband is so wondering if that could be what's causing the pains rather than actual braxtons. They last roughly 30-40 seconds and aren't regular I don't think, but literally I don't feel any tightness until the pain comes along then all of a sudden I feel this squeezing that builds up a bit, my bump feels slightly harder at this point and then they just disappear to nothing again.

Sorry that was a long, confusing explaination :wacko: - is there any chance do you think that I could be imagining these 'contractions' seeing as I'm so ready for this baby to come out now as I'm huuuge, and currently reading a pregnancy forum?

Oh - just having one now, leant forwards to type whilst this one was building up and it was a lot more painful, and tighter, while I was leant forwards. Also felt a pushing/pressure kind of sensation in my vagina/cervixy type area like baby pushing downwards until I sat back again - do you think that might mean they are genuine braxtons and not my mind playing tricks on me?

I hope some one can answer this too because o had these last night for about 3 hours exactly the way your describing them . I thought Braxton hicks were ment to be painless but these weren't and it felt like it was pulling her down mine were quite frequent too and was getting quite worried but I've only had 3 today so I'm guessing its not early labour I'm going to ask my midwife tomorrow . Any way sorry kind of stole your thread lol I hope someone knows x

Possibly BH but if they are making you worry i would contact your MW xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->