Breakfast Ideas

blinkybaby

Reaction score
Louie absolutely HATES anything I give him for breakfast - I've tried all the baby porridges, ready-brek, weetabix, and I've tried mixing half a fruit pot in all of these to get him to like it more and nothing works. I've tried them all with formula milk and whole cows milk. I'm loathe to put sugar on top of any of it (as well meaning family and friends have suggested!) so I'm stuck.

What do you all feed your babies for brekky and what's their favourite???

Thanks xx

how about yogurt? Breakfast is Leo's favourite meal but he isn't great with dinner or lunch, i have a battle with dinner nearly every night :( I normally end up giving him a few spoonfuls of fruit puree then a spoonful of dinner but i think he's starting to realise what i'm doing x

Have you tried adding a fruit purée or mashed banana?

We had similar problem and I started to make a bigger gap between a bottle and breakfast. So my LO usually has porridge with banana or any other sweet fruit and finger food as he likes to feed himself and this gives me the chance to stuff him with porridge while he is busy eating his little bits :) He likes peanut butter on toast or filadelfia cheese.

scrambled eggs, toast (with anything on top, mashed banana, fruit puree, marmite), chunks of banana and a yoghurt, the fruit pots etc

my lo isn't a huge fan of porridge either but he will eat weetabix luckily

I offer Stan fruit usually apple or pear and a yoghurt all of which he feeds himself. He also doesn't like baby cereal even feeding himself but does like mini shredded wheats. After tasting the baby porridge etc i'm not surprised he didn't like it. oh and toast is always a winner.

I offer Stan fruit usually apple or pear and a yoghurt all of which he feeds himself.

... how does he eat yoghurt himself ???
I agree, baby porridges do not taste great, that's why I always mix few grains (millet, Ready break, weetabix ) together + fresh fruit.

I've been trying to mix fruit with it and sometimes he'll go for it, other times it's a battle from the first mouthful and it ends up all over the floor, me and him lol.

I used to do bottle first but it ended up with me having to leave a MASSIVE gap between that first bottle and brekky for him to even attempt it, so much so that it was more like lunch. So I've changed it now so that breakfast is first, then his first bottle of the day is at about half 10 just before his first nap of the day. This kind of works as he's hungrier for breakfast but still he doesn't like the taste. I want to focus on finger foods for breakfast but when I do he doesn't eat a lot of it, most of the toast goes on the floor. What sorts of yogurt do you give your LO's? He has a petit filous for dessert after dinner. xx

You could give natural yoghurt with a bit of fruit puree in (we buy the stage one pouches)

Eggs/toast/plain pancakes/fruit

xx

Alexie eats a hand full of dry rice krispies while I get calebs breakfast ready then I give her a little ones yogurt. This is at about 730 then she gets her first bottle at 9.

We give Elijah, banana on toast, avocado on toast, Blueberries, strawberries fruit e.t.c, weetabix. Though today we had a fry up for breakfast so he had a bit of veggie sausage, hash brown (cooked in oven), toast and baked beans x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->