• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Breakfasts for a 5 month old???

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
What breakfasts can 5 month old babies eat??

Charlie's currently having the Organic porridge and Muesli from Heinz. I like them because you mix them with his normal milk and not water, so he's having the goodness from the milk as well.

When can he have normal breakfasts though? Like Weetabix mixed with formula milk? Or even something like Ready Brek?

He's starting nursery soon and they have asked if I can take his baby cereal in daily as they only have Weetabix, Cornflakes, Rice Crispies and Ready Brek. I don't mind taking it in at all, but it would be one less thing to think about if he can have 'normal' stuff.

Well normally its okay for them to have normal cerials now but its best to aviod ones including wheat till 6 months, due to increasing wheat intollerances. But certainly other grains like oats are great and very good for the digestion. Aviod also cerials that contain high levels of salt/sodium and sugar. A great one is Oatabix, again to can mix this with his formula or normal milk. Once Noah it 6 months I tried him on wheatabix and he got awfull dioreah and it gave him nappy rash, cause its quite high in fibre for little uns, who dont need as much fibre as adults do. So if you find charlie poos a lot more frequently with a cerial you try, its worth trying him on something else.

Thanks Cat. I've been meaning to buy that Oatabix to try myself, so this gives me a good reason! :D

i have been giving Harley my cerial since he was 5months. readybreak and weatabix with his milk, but now i am giving him cows milk
and at 6months i was giving him cormflakes. in the microwave so they are all soft he loved them

They say 6 months for things like weetabix, also at 6 months you can give him cows milk on his cereal, as long as he has normal formula still in his bottles, I found this good becuase when Ella was 11 months and I changed her bottles to cows milk, she wasnt bothered becuase she already liked the taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"