• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Breaking the Cosleeping habit

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just want some advice. My friends bub is almost 8 months old and he has coslept since birth. Just wanting some tips on breaking the cosleeping habit? At the moment he refuses to sleep in his own cot.

We had to wait until Kaya was comfortable going to sleep in her own room. She got there at about 9 months, she now starts the night in her own bed until we go to bed (she comes in with us the next time she wakes up). I'd say it's all about routine, kaya gets - teeth brushed, face washed, nappy changed, jammies on then a feed and cuddle until she's almost asleep, then put down in bed and wait until she falls asleep. If she fights it, I don't push it for any longer than 45 minutes then give in (went through loads of battles at 7 months before realising she wasn't ready) and start again the next night.

Jayden was co-sleeping with me from a week because he didn't fit in his moses basket no more and i didn't feel ready to put him in the cot and then it came to trying to get him in there and i realized that if i cuddled him in my bed until he was asleep then put him in his cot and tuck him in so he still thinks hes with me and put one of my pillow cases underneath him so he still feels close to me xx

I'm going to be doing this soon and I'm dreading it! I'm going to sleep with her sheet orsomething for a week before.

I really love co-sleeping with Maya

Tbh honest so far she's been really good about sleeping separatley (sp) from me, it's me who gets upset!!

She settles herself to sleep no problem everynight in her basket & I tend to take her into bed with me after her 2:30am feed. I like the cuddles :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"