Breaking the news

homegrown21

Reaction score
When did everyone start telling family and friends? I'm 6w3d and had an ultrasound today, saw the sac and the heartbeat. Doctor said that the pregnancy looks very healthy. This is our 2nd child and we want to start telling everyone! Is it too soon or is it ok to start spreading the good news?

I told mine and my husbands family and my close friends around that stage. I will be announcing it to everyone else after my 12 week scan next week.

It’s completely up to you when you tell people but if you’re comfortable doing it now then go for it 😁

My husband told his parents and brother early as I we had to miss Christmas Day as I was in hospital having tests - otherwise we were going to wait. I told my mum straight away and unfortunately she told everyone which I’m quite upset about as we have a history of recurrent miscarriage and we had decided not to tell anyone else until I was at least 15 weeks.
If you’re confident then tell whenever you want, I’m just mindful of who I would want to know if things don’t work out. It’s really difficult having to tell someone the pregnancy is ended. But if it’s someone who would be supportive and you would like to know anyway, I’d tell them.
Also, my husband’s parents were a little less than enthusiastic when we told them with our second pregnancy - they kept saying things like ‘if’ there is a baby, rather than when, and just weren’t overly excited - it was obvious they felt it was too early - they were right but it was still quite sad they weren’t happier which is something I didn’t expect and may be something to keep in mind x

We told the kids at 4 weeks by 6 weeks they were telling people at our church so had to tell family so they didnt feel left out everyone new super early xx

We still haven't told anyone. We are waiting for the results from the 12 week scan to make sure all is ok with baby and then we will begin to tell

We told our parents and sisters at 5 weeks as I had a scan to rule out ectopic at 6 weeks and needed someone to watch DS while we went. We plan on telling everyone by the end of next weekend as our 12 week scan is a week tomorrow. If everything is good, obviously. Feeling very nervous about it all. Hoping we can get a cute announcement pic with DS and the dog for our social media announcement!

With DS we told parents and sisters at 7 weeks and then announced to everyone else after our 12 week scan.

We've only told close family (parents, siblings, grandparents) before 12 weeks. I still haven't announced publicly on social media yet. Planning to after my next scan, which isn't until I'm 20 weeks, just to be on the safe side.

We talked about it last night and we're waiting a few more weeks, when it's our son's 6th birthday; sorta like a present since he has been wanting a sibling longer then I have! By then I should be close to 10 weeks! Thanks ladies for your comments!!!

I told my colleagues cos no way I could keep it tmyself everyday for 3 months and health and safety issues. One of my friend, my sister and my parents. We are waiting the 12 weeks scan for my in-laws who can be quite overwhelming, my daughter and everyone else.

We talked about it last night and we're waiting a few more weeks, when it's our son's 6th birthday; sorta like a present since he has been wanting a sibling longer then I have! By then I should be close to 10 weeks! Thanks ladies for your comments!!!

My scan might fall around the same week than my daughter's 6th birthday. If it does we were thinking about telling her on her birthday but she keep telling she doesn't want any when I mention it so I might not take the risk of ruining her birthday, lol x

We told close family straight away and everyone else at 12-13 weeks :)

My scan might fall around the same week than my daughter's 6th birthday. If it does we were thinking about telling her on her birthday but she keep telling she doesn't want any when I mention it so I might not take the risk of ruining her birthday, lol x

I thought the same, I didn't want to ruin our son's birthday; but he doesn't even know and he's already excited at the thought of even having a younger brother or sister. So we're looking at this as a present for him more then anything and that gets me excited to finally tell him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->