Breast are killing me...3 days pp

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by iluvmyfamily, Oct 2, 2013.

1. iluvmyfamily

iluvmyfamily mom to 5 babies 1 angel

Hey everyone. Well, I had my baby 3 days ago and this isn't my first but just need some suggestions. I'm not BFing so my milk is just sitting there and my breast seriously kill me. The pain is excruiating. I can't even put my arms down to the sides. They feel like rocks and hot and heavy. I know this can last for a bit but does anyone have suggestions for me to make myself feel better?

2. iluvmyfamily

3. zorak

zorak Well-Known Member

Try a warm shower and massage your breasts to release a little milk, it should help ease the pressure. I am not sure what else to suggest I am afraid.

4. Kitteh_Kat

Kitteh_Kat Mommy <3

I bought those freezable things you can re-use and they did the trick! I found them at Destination Maternity, but I think places like Target carry them as well. I shoved them into a tight bra and instant relief!

5. graceymcf

graceymcf Well-Known Member

Frozen cabbage leaves are supposed to be great x

6. iluvmyfamily

Thanks for the suggestions! My mom told me she had it so bad after she gave birth to me that she ran a high fever. My breasts feels very hot to the touch and honestly I noticed reddish brown in my bra on the right side. I think maybe it could be an infection??

7. detterose

detterose Well-Known Member

Yes, hand express a little in a warm shower to relieve the engorgement. I also recommend wearing frozen cabbage leaves in your bra and swapping every couple of hours. You want to try and avoid getting mastitis, so keep an eye out for blocked ducts and massage them out in the shower. GL xx

8. iluvmyfamily

Thank you for the advice. I will have to try it. I woke up this morning and they felt even more swollen.

9. Jcliff

Jcliff Well-Known Member

I actually put ice packs in my bra when I was trying to wean. I made sure I had a clear calendar any sat home for 2-3 days to try and dry out milk. Take tylnol, massage in the shower, if you have to squeeze some out for relief just do it. But ice packs wrapped in paper towel really helped me!