Breast feeding & a drink

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok my OH seems to like the idea of me trying - from a breif conversation we had and I'm not so keen maybe a small handful of reasons are selfish though. I've asked for your pros & cons in another thread but I want to ask about drinking I mean there must be a bigger % of girls who LIKE having the odd drink, a girls night out etc etc so I'm hoping this question isn't an uncommon one.

I like a drink - I like to wind down. It doesn't mean I'm an alocholic lol But I like to and I would like to have a drink when bubs is born? Nothing wrong with that I'm sure! Not a priority but I'd LIKE to.

So what about you g irls BF & can drink? How do you go about it? I have no idea about pumps expressing etc ...

x

I have drunk the last couple of years - hey I'm pregnant again!!

When I was feeding Seren a lot I was having the odd glass of wine a night or a lager. Alcohol doesn't get stored in your milk, instead it goes into your milk like it does your blood but soon gets used up by your body. They say about an hour per unit. I also had nights out.

Ok so on a night out Beanie - Night out getting hammered with the girls what did you do? :D x

Yer I'm not talking to her :rofl:

:rofl:

She had it all to herself too! Bill was alseep and complained when she woke him up lol!

Ok so on a night out Beanie - Night out getting hammered with the girls what did you do? :D x

anno ive spoke 2 u bout this buut...

id just eiter express in advance for the night i was goin out(say liek a weeks of expressing thn freeze it) thn in the mornin wen i got up i wud express all the yeuch milk away, id never get kids back to dinnertime anyway so id express at least twice to rid of my milk

I was advised by mw after i'd had Gabriel, if u go out and get hammered u need to express milk and throw away like Yvanne says.

BFeeding hasn't stopped me having the odd drink. Not gone out and got hammered since having Frankie though.

I know Helen had some wine the other night :lol:
:roll: blumming gossips!

Er... yeah... anyway... I've been having a glass or 2 of wine most nights. It's a nice chill out for me after a long, long time without any alcohol at all. Plus bubs seem absolutely fine on it... in fact it probably helps them sleep.

I wouldn't go on a mad bender and then feed them, but then the thought of the after effects of a mad bender combined double trouble is not a happy one. :sick:

I don't drink!!!!

Water isn't alcohol! so nerrrrrrrrr

xxx

I haven't drunk them in nrly 2 yrs

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Stop being MEANNNNN!!

mmmm roll on friday!!!! am makin vodka jelly!!!

There does seem to be a common connection between us on this forum and it ain't just TTC and babies! :wine:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->