Breast Feeding Questions

Cat

Reaction score
Well I have started thinking about this again now the time is drawing near. Last time as you may know I had to give up breast feeding almost straight away due to a lumbar puncture. Something Icried over as Ihad been so intent on BF before and I loved the instant bond Igot with my son on doing it. I kept trying to BF noah and he would latch on to me for ages while oh would get up and make up and heat a bottle, I would try to fill him up on myself but he would always quite happy then drain the whole bottle afterwords, and Ifelt like he just wasnt getting anything out of me. Itried to express using a manual avent pump as I could BF properly as I couldnt move, ut Ifound it useless, and absolutly nothing came out with the pump. In the end I really liked using formula as it was so prectical if someone aby sat or OH shared the night feeds, or just if we were out and about shopping and stuff. So Im torn about what to do this time. I know this is going to sound really vain but I love my boobs and Im prone to stretchmarks as you can see from my tum, bum and thighs, but I pretty much avoided getting them on my boobs last time, I really dont want to risk them suddenly getting huge to deal with milk demand and being covered in purple marks! for those of you how BF did you find that your breasts continued to grow after the initial milk coming in stage. (which I dont think actually happened with me before as they never really got engorged).

My boobs were their biggest when my milk came in - after that they were the same size, never got bigger, and as time has gone on and Seren feeds less they have gotten smaller. Am now a 36D was 36E when my milk first came in.

Hiya Cat

My boobs now (I still breastfeed at night) are never much bigger than they normally were pre-pregnancy. They only go ridiculously big when they are engorged after not feeding for a prolonged period (which is for me anything more than a day).
Although I did not get any stretch marks, pregnancy and breastfeeding has left my boobs not so full with more skin....so definitely having a boob job in the future!

I didn't get any stretchmarks on my boobs. I was wearing a 36F at the end of my pregnancy and was still wearing that when my milk came in. As I lost my pregnancy weight my boobs went down to a 34C/D. They're now back up to a 36E. I actually like the shape of my boobies and think they look pretty good considering how they fluctuated, might just be my belly holding them up though ;)

Thats the think though Iknow Im prone to stretchmarks cause Iget them everywhere else last time, I think its only cuase my milk didnt come through that Iavioded them on my boobs. Ive already had a oob jo, so Ilove mine and dont want to ruin them, even if that is a bit selfish!

When I was pregnant I got stretchmarks on my bum, thighs etc but none on my tum or boobs. If you're going to get them then I'd expect to get them during the pregnancy, it would be really unlucky to get them when your milk comes in. Even if you don't breastfeed your milk could still come in, I know Dionnes did. I'd keep them moisturised as much as your belly etc. And if you've had a boob job wouldn't you have got them when they put the implants in and stretched the skin?

I didn't breastfeed but got boobie stretchmarks during pregnancy anyway. I went from a C pre-pregnancy to an F when my milk came in :shock: .

Having babies does strange things to your body, if you're destined to have stripy boobies I think the decision to breastfeed or not will be irrelevant TBH. :lol:

Minxy said:
I didn't breastfeed but got boobie stretchmarks during pregnancy anyway. I went from a C pre-pregnancy to an F when my milk came in :shock: .

Having babies does strange things to your body, if you're destined to have stripy boobies I think the decision to breastfeed or not will be irrelevant TBH. :lol:

thats when I got mine - though you can't see them - really really faint and I am always in low cut tops.

thats when I got mine - though you can't see them - really really faint and I am always in low cut tops.

It's true. I've met Beanie and almost her nipples :D :wink:

Kina said:

It's true. I've met Beanie and almost her nipples :D :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Iwish I could deny it but it is sadly true. All my tops seem to be getting lower as Seren gets more able to yank them down :roll:

Gawd help us if you put on a wonderbra, I think you may take my eye out all the way down here in Devon with those puppies roflmao :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"