Breast feeding??

porkypig

Reaction score
Im still not sure if i am going to breast feed but I know thats its really good for the baby etc. Is there anything I have to do to prepare myself for bf or will the baby just latch on and thats it?
Sorry to sound naive and dumb xx:blush:

Drink plenty of water, eat plenty of Oats, Almonds, Avocados and Fenugreek. They all help milk come in :hugs:

Thanks hun, whats fenugreek? Never heard of it xx

it's an herb, there's loads of info on it, ways to take it, ect, if you google/yahoo it :D :hugs:

Get support - find a BF support group that you can go to with LO, it can make all the difference.

Hya I am going to try breast feeding this time and am quite worried about it. I am keeping an open mind on it to be honest. I know that with my anti natal classes there is a workshop on it and seemingly the nurses at the hospital where I am having mine are really good.

Im going to ask about it when i go to my ante natal classes too, i think i want to give it a try but quite scared about the pain but most importantly whether the baby will take to it and if there will be enough milk xx

Im going to ask about it when i go to my ante natal classes too, i think i want to give it a try but quite scared about the pain but most importantly whether the baby will take to it and if there will be enough milk xx

Yes me to, these worries must all be normal then!! I have bought a steriliser and bottles just in case!!

This is what i am going to do too. If i do bf, i only want to do it for a little while so the baby gets all my antibodies etc then probably move on to bottles. Thanks for replying xx

Just read as much as you can about it so you know what to expect really.

I would also say don't believe the rosy pictures of bf, yes its great but its hard work in the early days. I set myself a target of 6 wks as they are meant to be the hardest to get through, they were but i made it and it was much easier from there on in.

If you live in a sure start area then the local childrens centre run classes on helping mums with BF or teach expectant mums.

After the birth the hospital give you advice and help you get started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->