Breast leaking a clear liquid...is it colostrum?

chrischris83

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is colostrum. I read somewhere that colostrum is a yellowish liquid. Can it be a clear liquid as well.

Yes :thumbup: Mine has so far been yellow, white & clear :blush:

Thanks for the replies. I was confused since the liquid is clear. I guess it will change as the weeks progress.

Some get it, some don't. Doesn't mean that there's something wrong or you won't be able to BF :thumbup: I've been getting it.

Mine was always clear in pregnancy, however when baby is born turne cream/yellowy...sometimes even orange, lol :thumbup:

Mine has been clear... but, and this is embarrassing to admit, I wanted to be sure my breast pump worked last weekend and the clear liquid quickly turned into to orangish/yellowish colostrum. So apparently it starts out clear at each nursing session and then changes after baby has been feeding for a minute or so (because I seriously wasn't testing my breast pump for very long! :haha:)

Same here clear since 15 weeks it is starting to go a bit cloudy now though x

Mine has been clear... but, and this is embarrassing to admit, I wanted to be sure my breast pump worked last weekend and the clear liquid quickly turned into to orangish/yellowish colostrum. So apparently it starts out clear at each nursing session and then changes after baby has been feeding for a minute or so (because I seriously wasn't testing my breast pump for very long! :haha:)

Just a word to the wise: Don't use your breast pump again before baby comes! It can start contractions :flower:

I got clear liquid from my nipples but it just came out after me and OH had sex :blush:

Just a word to the wise: Don't use your breast pump again before baby comes! It can start contractions :flower:

I'm well aware. But I had to be sure it was working properly before I actually needed it to be. Of course I have no reason to use it again until baby is here. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->