Breast lump -is it normal for a new born?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by emmalouise09, Jan 29, 2011.

1. emmalouise09

emmalouise09 Guest

Last night whilst getting my DD changed for bed i noticed that she had a breast lump both under her nipples, they feel a little hard and its panicked me as i have never heard of a new born having this?

is it normal? if so will they disappear?

2. Chocciebutton

Chocciebutton Well-Known Member

my 2 boys had this when they were born ...they each had a little flat like lump under each nipple........its going back 15 years ago with my eldest and I think they said it was normal and it was caused by hormones ....they went away and I was told not to worry, but if you are worried just mention it to the health visitor or doctor for reassurance! :flower:

3. Chocciebutton

Chocciebutton Well-Known Member

4. louisiana

louisiana mummy and ttc#2

yes its normal and due to hormones.it will settle itself.all the things people forget to tell u!

5. emmalouise09

emmalouise09 Guest

Thanks ladies for letting me know :)
    The midwifes at the hospital didn't even mention anything like this and if DD had got them and if they were normal.
    It just panicked me and OH last night and ended up phoning his mom n dad to see if they know anything about it.

xx

6. BunnyFace

BunnyFace Mummy

My LO has a lump behind her nipple, the doctor said it is due to the hormones in my milk. It is quite common i believe, especially in newborns because on the hormones left over from you :) If you are worried though, just go the the doctors for reassurance :flower:

7. Bee26

Bee26 Mummy to Charlie bear!

Absolutely normal, my son had this and even secreted milk from his left one. Hes 10 months nearly and not a sign of them!

8. snoopchick82

snoopchick82 Well-Known Member

i got told from my midwife in hospital to expect her nipples to be hard and may even see some blood when changing her as its left over hormones from us and we got both xx her nipples are fine now

9. special_kala

special_kala love my bugs

Its normal is due to excess hormones :)

10. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Mine had acne from it!

11. funkyfish586

funkyfish586 Well-Known Member

Normal, Isla had full on little boobs for 2 weeks it was soooo odd! MW said girls have been known to bleed a little as in a mini period due to the hormones :) x