Breast milk necklaces?!?!?

xxyjadexx

Reaction score
Will you be getting one? LOL
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...nlikely-trend-new-mothers-adorable-gross.html

Hmm I saw this on Facebook earlier. I think it's a bit weird and wouldn't get one myself personally! I'd rather get a necklace made up of my babies actual finger print or similar :) x

I think it's pretty cool.

Breast milk is amazing, something your own body produces which you can watch nourish your baby and see them grow. Having a little keep sake of that appeals to me.

I think they're a lovely idea :) chances are I won't get one mind, rather have fingerprint necklace etc of the kids I think :)

I think it's a lovely thing :). But I don't really wear jewelry apart from my engagement/wedding ring.

Breastfeeding is an amazingly special bond between me and Sophie and hopefully her little brother too. I think it would be pretty cool to get something to remember the years that I've dedicated to them in that way.

I'd love one to remind me of my breast feeding years. It's a magic substance that should be treasured :)

Yes I quite like it. I have really surprised myself with how amazed I am that I can produce food - it's incredible. My husband said that I am growing a baby inside me, is that not more amazing but somehow - the fact that I can provide nourishment for a separate living thing just blows my mind! I didn't really think of it that way till I started to leak a little at 30 weeks. I love it! :blush:

Wont buy a necklace though, because I'm too much of a cheapskate! :haha:

I've seen a few ladies producing breastmilk necklaces on etsy, not just this one in the article. This was a while ago but there was a lady in the UK on etsy producing them for about £11-£20 so not bad at all. Nothing weird or wrong with it at all, they look nice xx

ETA: seems its only that one rather pricey seller on there now, what a shame :(

Yes, I will be having one made. I wish I had known about them with my first. I have IGT and, therefore, chronic low milk supply. While I understand so many women take it for granted (and some chose not to breastfeed at all despite their biological ability to do so), I fight very hard for every drop of breast milk I make and I want a token that symbolizes my struggle, my determination, and my passion (which has turned out to be so strong I'm in the middle of a career change as I type; studying to become an IBCLC).

Awww this is amazing! I would like one if I can find someone in the US to do it for the right price :)

I'll be getting one done this time around, I too think they're beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->