Breast/nipple tenderness and O

mamanurse

Reaction score
Hey just looking to see if anyone can shed some light!

My cycles average a good 30-35 days, more often falling around the 33 day mark. For the past few months, and almost every month, I get some sensitive nips and tender boobs (hard to tell if it's front, side, etc because they aren't outrageously sore- usually just notice going down the stairs or something!).

I am trying to figure out if the majority of women get soreness/sensitivity before, during or after ov?

This month we actually tried for our first time, I tried sing OPK and saw some rises and falls but never a full positive, honestly i just assumed i missed it and didn't worry too much. Around the same time, CD 16-19, i was very wet, moist and showing lots of ewcm, CD19-21 I started experiencing ov cramps (as per usual). We DTD basically 4 days on and 1 day off. By CD 22 my CM had dried up (still moist but nothing in comparison to before), CD 23 I started cramping a little again, still dry though CM wise (be BD anyway), tender BBD started (all this is par for the course for me around thsee calendar dates). I took a dollarama OPK just for fun, just to see if the line was gone now. Well wouldn't you know it was the darkest I had EVER seen, looked pretty damn pos.

So now I'm frustrated, thinking I actually didn't surge and don't surge until CD 23 which puts my luteal phase at 10-11 days long. It just seems so odd since every other sign points to me having ovulated 2-3 days prior! The CM, the cramps, acne, following with dryness, a little more cramping and nipples sensitive/ BB tender.

I don't temp, too much of a crazy sched with shift work it would be to stressful (don't need to add anymore).

I'm sorry for the long long post- just need some insight. First time using OPK, but these symptoms are every month, almost the exact CD days. It's the boobs that I don't get- I hear they normally hurt a couple days after ov- which would make sense if I O'd when I thought I did.....but according to OPK I did not. Ugh.

So what are your thoughts?:wacko:

My boobs get sore and swollen just after O and stay that way until a couple of days before AF arrives. They only get sore in between (so down the cleavage), never on the sides, behind the nipples or anywhere else. I don't use opk's so I can give any advice on those. I don't temp either, so rely on my boobs and my CM to tell when O occurs (roughly). I know based on these symptoms I O early, around CD 8 and this was confirmed by my dating scan. That gives me a LP of around 14 - 18 days as my cycle varies from 22 - 26 days.

Something bizarre is that the cycle I conceived I had my sore swollen boobs after O, then as expected both symptoms went away 2 days before AF was due but AF never came...and my boobs still (9w tomorrow) are not sore or swollen! I fully expected that with my breast sensitivity during my cycles, that I would experience the typical breast changes in early pregnancy.

Could it be that your surge lasts a bit longer? Some women's surge happens in such a short window that they can miss it even though they test at the same time every day. I think the only way to know for certain is to temp, or if you can spare the time, have the blood tests done around O time...they can tell if you're going to O that day, next day or if you already have. You'd know for certain then.

Hm that is strange! Maybe it's all the months suffering from sore and swollen boobs that mother nature gave you a break for pregnancy!

The afternoon I got my (what I think is a positive) OPK result we had already BD that morning for fun and the next day we did also just as a precaution. Nips/boobs were sensitive and sore through the next day and have settled down now day 3, which is again, par fo the course (still swollen and sensitive just not as much).

I think I read the majority of women get the sore boobs after ov so maybe you're right and the surge lasted longer. I'm still not convinced I O'd CD 23- 3 to 4 days later than usual but crazier things have happened!

Congrats on your bebe!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->