Breast pain immediately following ovulation implies no pregnancy?

whimesy3

Reaction score
This is not addressed to the women who have no breast pain or whatever after ovulation. This is more of a question about myself, and women who also experience this, and maybe they could share a story or add something that may be seen as informative and useful to me or other women wondering the same thing.

So every month right after ovulation I get sore and swollen breasts, and this last until I get my period. When my breast are no longer sore, I know my period will come within a few hours or the next day for sure.

So now every time after ovulation when my breast get sore and swollen, I figure I didnt get pregnant, and I will have to try again. It makes me very sad. I know that sore swollen breast are an early pregnancy sign for some women, but I read a couple posts on a forum- not a baby forum like this one, but just one where you can ask any type of question - where one woman said she always had sore breast after ovulation, then when she actually was pregnant, she didnt get sore breasts until 2 weeks after ovulation. Another woman had the same experience - no sore breasts which was unusual, and then she was pregnant that month.

Is this common among other women? If so, do you know what would cause this? Like is there a way that our bodies can somehow tell that the egg hass disintegrated, so it starts producing hormones to shed the lining etc, and those hormones is what causes breast soreness and swelling?

And why would those women not have breast swelling and soreness for weeks if the egg had been fertilized? What I am thinking is that the hormones that cause our period is what makes breast swollen etc right after ovulation, and the hcg is what causes breast to be swollen right after implantation.

So basically what I am asking is: Is my body telling me that I did NOT conceive right after ovulation hence the sore breasts etc? Perhaps if so I will not drive myself insane during the 2ww. :haha:

I hope this question makes sense. Would love to hear what you ladies have to sa

That is me exactly. The first time we conceived (the miscarriage) they didn't get sore until 8 DPO. So when I conceived this time I thought I was out because they were sore right away. Nope. :)

One thing I have figured out, is if it is different it's probably a sign. I got different symptoms with the chemical, the miscarriage and this time. But if it was different, ie I got hiccups A LOT this time and I hardly ever get them normally, so I believe that was a sign/symptom. I burped a lot unexpectedly with the last one, again not normal and therefore a sign/symptom :) Hope this helps.

That is me exactly. The first time we conceived (the miscarriage) they didn't get sore until 8 DPO. So when I conceived this time I thought I was out because they were sore right away. Nope. :)

One thing I have figured out, is if it is different it's probably a sign. I got different symptoms with the chemical, the miscarriage and this time. But if it was different, ie I got hiccups A LOT this time and I hardly ever get them normally, so I believe that was a sign/symptom. I burped a lot unexpectedly with the last one, again not normal and therefore a sign/symptom :) Hope this helps.

So, Vaurissa, so you know what I mean and understand exactly what it is I am asking. That makes me feel a lot better that someone is understanding me :hugs:

So what you are saying is, you thought you werent pregnant because you had sore breasts right away, and then it turned out that you were? Did you have sore breasts right after ovulation or a day or so after? Like what is normal for you is what I am trying to say I guess :)

This is an interesting question because I have slightly tender nipples after ovulation and I have sore breasts a few days before AF. It's not extremely painful, just a little noticeable.

So, say I conceive this month, would NO sore breasts/nipples be a sign to look for or would EXTREMELY sore breasts/nipples be a sign? Since my normal cycle symptoms are only slightly sore..? I've definitely had sore breasts here and there, but nothing like what I hear happens during pregnancy.

Thanks for the question Whimesy- I've been wondering about this but looking for a way to word it! Sorry I'm not much help with answering it, though! :shrug:

Yes I thought I was out because they hurt within 24 to 48 hours which was typical for me with a period cycle.

My nipples were a little more sensitive, but hardly noticeable and after a while, the pain moved to the sides of my boobs... that was a little different. LOL

This is an interesting question because I have slightly tender nipples after ovulation and I have sore breasts a few days before AF. It's not extremely painful, just a little noticeable.

So, say I conceive this month, would NO sore breasts/nipples be a sign to look for or would EXTREMELY sore breasts/nipples be a sign? Since my normal cycle symptoms are only slightly sore..? I've definitely had sore breasts here and there, but nothing like what I hear happens during pregnancy.

Thanks for the question Whimesy- I've been wondering about this but looking for a way to word it! Sorry I'm not much help with answering it, though! :shrug:

I understand exactly what you mean, Ash. Its frustrating too because women who do not experience this will not understand what we are talking about, so the question wont make sense to them at all.

Hey it says you are on day 10 of a 29 day cycle. My cycle is usually 27 days (but a few times a year it is 30), and I am on cycle day 11. We should be ttc buddies :)

Yes I thought I was out because they hurt within 24 to 48 hours which was typical for me with a period cycle.

My nipples were a little more sensitive, but hardly noticeable and after a while, the pain moved to the sides of my boobs... that was a little different. LOL

Ah I see, so there was a slight difference. Its good that you noticed that though even though it was small. Thanks for answering :)

I understand exactly what you mean, Ash. Its frustrating too because women who do not experience this will not understand what we are talking about, so the question wont make sense to them at all.

Hey it says you are on day 10 of a 29 day cycle. My cycle is usually 27 days (but a few times a year it is 30), and I am on cycle day 11. We should be ttc buddies :)

I would love a buddy!! :happydance:
I'm new to BnB and this is my first cycle ttc! Do you temp or use Opks? I don't use anything yet since I'm just starting and trying to remain as calm as possible about it all. :shy:
I'm on CD 10, and my cycle is averages 28-32 days. I don't know exactly what day I'm going to ovulate on, but to cover my bases I'll need to BD on Sept. 11-20!! Thats a lot of BDing!! :)
Do you know what day you're going to ovulate on?

I'm new to BnB and this is my first cycle ttc! Do you temp or use Opks? I don't use anything yet since I'm just starting and trying to remain as calm as possible about it all. :shy:
I'm on CD 10, and my cycle is averages 28-32 days. I don't know exactly what day I'm going to ovulate on, but to cover my bases I'll need to BD on Sept. 11-20!! Thats a lot of BDing!! :)

Yippeee :) I am so happy to have a buddy, I made a post yesterday looking for one, but nothing.

I too am fairly new to baby and bump. My first thread was in May of this year, and that was just me asking what vitamins I should take while ttc. This too is my first cycle of actually TTC. I guess last month I was kinda trying, but hadnt really did the correct timing etc. This month I had a talk with my boy friend, and now he knows whats up, like we only have a certain time etc lol.

Before this, I had not exactly been "trying" but I wasn't preventing. I had been over a span of 16 months, & 5 or 6 of those months I didnt BD, so I can count those out. So I guess for 10 I wasnt preventing, I was just having sex all the time. But I did nothing such as taking vitamins, I didnt stay down after sex etc etc.. you know what I mean.. Not trying but not preventing.

Well I figured since out of about 10 of those months that I was not preventing and still didnt get pregnant, I ought to take a more serious approach to it. I did a fertility cleanse kit in June, and July I didnt really BD.. Last month I tried kinda & took some soy isoflavones for a little luck, but as I already said, I dont think we had the timing right.

So this month/cycle will be my first time actually trying. I do not know when I ovulate. Temping would not work out for me as I am never awake at the same time do to my job, and OPK's just seem like they would stress me out even more. Not something I wanna try as of yet.

Since my cycle is usually 27 days, but could possibly be 30, I am going to try baby dancing from today (already did today), all the way until next Saturday, and that should cover it in case I do have a 30 day cycle... :)

Are you taking any vitamins etc? I took soy isoflavones from cycle day 2-6, and I have been taking prenatal vitamins (the chewy kind..quite good actually), the folic acid, a b6 vitamin and I am taking cough syrup with 200mg of guaifenesin in it for thinner cervical mucous. I noticed a little bit of cervical mucous yesterday.. Have you noticed any?

I happen to get swollen breats 5 DPO, And shooting pain/tingling pain in my breast right right after ovualtion. And, I don't ever get a BFP with it. Sucks, too. Because with my daughters the only sign I had was shooting pains in breasts as well as soreness. But, with my son I had just the morning sickness. But, Now I always get these pains/soreness right after O.

I happen to get swollen breats 5 DPO, And shooting pain/tingling pain in my breast right right after ovualtion. And, I don't ever get a BFP with it. Sucks, too. Because with my daughters the only sign I had was shooting pains in breasts as well as soreness. But, with my son I had just the morning sickness. But, Now I always get these pains/soreness right after O.

Thanks, Want2bemommy for contributing. I know there are other girls out there that wonder the same thing because I see questioned about it phrased differently on other forums - not baby forums though- and no one really has anything to add.

So what you are saying is that you get swollen breasts 5 DPO, but a shooting pain immediately after you ovulate? So was this different than what you describe when you had your DD's, and when did you notice it if you can recall?

So with your son, you had no pain or swelling in your breasts right away?

Yippeee :) I am so happy to have a buddy, I made a post yesterday looking for one, but nothing.

I too am fairly new to baby and bump. My first thread was in May of this year, and that was just me asking what vitamins I should take while ttc. This too is my first cycle of actually TTC. I guess last month I was kinda trying, but hadnt really did the correct timing etc. This month I had a talk with my boy friend, and now he knows whats up, like we only have a certain time etc lol.

Before this, I had not exactly been "trying" but I wasn't preventing. I had been over a span of 16 months, & 5 or 6 of those months I didnt BD, so I can count those out. So I guess for 10 I wasnt preventing, I was just having sex all the time. But I did nothing such as taking vitamins, I didnt stay down after sex etc etc.. you know what I mean.. Not trying but not preventing.

Well I figured since out of about 10 of those months that I was not preventing and still didnt get pregnant, I ought to take a more serious approach to it. I did a fertility cleanse kit in June, and July I didnt really BD.. Last month I tried kinda & took some soy isoflavones for a little luck, but as I already said, I dont think we had the timing right.

So this month/cycle will be my first time actually trying. I do not know when I ovulate. Temping would not work out for me as I am never awake at the same time do to my job, and OPK's just seem like they would stress me out even more. Not something I wanna try as of yet.

Since my cycle is usually 27 days, but could possibly be 30, I am going to try baby dancing from today (already did today), all the way until next Saturday, and that should cover it in case I do have a 30 day cycle... :)

Are you taking any vitamins etc? I took soy isoflavones from cycle day 2-6, and I have been taking prenatal vitamins (the chewy kind..quite good actually), the folic acid, a b6 vitamin and I am taking cough syrup with 200mg of guaifenesin in it for thinner cervical mucous. I noticed a little bit of cervical mucous yesterday.. Have you noticed any?

You're definitely doing a lot more than I am! I'm actually just really taking folic acid and using softcups. My lack of vitamins is just because I'm not very knowledgeable on what all I should take.

I can see why you're taking a serious approach to ttc since you've already had some time with NTNP. My DH and I have always used the "pull out" method and I've wanted kids for a very long time and would have been happy with an accident, but we never had one. DH was very very cautious about it though, kinda neurotic and paranoid about any accidents. :haha:

It sounds like you're doing what I'm doing with all that BDing. Covering your bases in case your cycle tries to trick you this month! :)
This is my experimental month I guess, since I'm just starting. One of the problems I'm having is now that I'm actually ttc, I'm noticing EVERYTHING! I've been a little wetter than usual today and a little bit yesterday so that's got me worrying I might O early. Are you feeling pretty relaxed about all of this or are you as uptight as I'm getting? :blush:

Our current plan is to BD every other day, so far 4th, 6th, and 8th, and then around the 10-11th we're going to BD daily until maybe the 20th, and we might even go back to every other day until AF arrives.
I'm with you on temping! I think I'm going to start doing that next month if this month doesn't work. I also do not have a consistent schedule for waking up in the AM but I'll probably take my temp when DH has to get up and then go back to sleep! :thumbup:

I think it's different for everyone. Sore breasts/no sore breasts...it isn't a gauranteed sign either way. Everybody and every pregnancy is different. I have sore breasts all the time too, and when I was pregnant with my DS they were EVEN MORE sore! The best way to know - is to wait until AF is late, and poas. As much as it's difficult to wait!

ALSO- You have to remember that until the embryo implants into the uterus, you won't have any symptoms...so having sore breasts right after AF isn't a good predictor. BABY DUST TO YOU!!! XX

You're definitely doing a lot more than I am! I'm actually just really taking folic acid and using softcups. My lack of vitamins is just because I'm not very knowledgeable on what all I should take.

I can see why you're taking a serious approach to ttc since you've already had some time with NTNP. My DH and I have always used the "pull out" method and I've wanted kids for a very long time and would have been happy with an accident, but we never had one. DH was very very cautious about it though, kinda neurotic and paranoid about any accidents. :haha:

It sounds like you're doing what I'm doing with all that BDing. Covering your bases in case your cycle tries to trick you this month! :)
This is my experimental month I guess, since I'm just starting. One of the problems I'm having is now that I'm actually ttc, I'm noticing EVERYTHING! I've been a little wetter than usual today and a little bit yesterday so that's got me worrying I might O early. Are you feeling pretty relaxed about all of this or are you as uptight as I'm getting? :blush:

Our current plan is to BD every other day, so far 4th, 6th, and 8th, and then around the 10-11th we're going to BD daily until maybe the 20th, and we might even go back to every other day until AF arrives.
I'm with you on temping! I think I'm going to start doing that next month if this month doesn't work. I also do not have a consistent schedule for waking up in the AM but I'll probably take my temp when DH has to get up and then go back to sleep! :thumbup:

I think folic acid is good, and usually most women take a prenatal and that is it. I think women only start adding other things when they expect problems.

I took the soy because I read that they can make a stronger healthier egg. I have no reason suspect that my eggs aren't fine on their own, but I thought it wouldn't hurt, plus I read that so many women were getting their BFP the first month using soy, so I thought 'what the heck, ill give it a go'..:shrug: If they don't work, then I don't think I will try them again because I read that too much soy is bad for fertility, and for your health in general.

I don't know why I am taking the B6, just throwing it in there and I figured it wouldn't hurt. And just in case I have a short LP, which I really have no idea of knowing because I dont temp etc, but I thought that maybe it may be because my breast get sore like 10 days before my period (I cant say for sure because I never really paid attention to it all that much, but now I will), so I figured that may not be long enough, so I started taking the b6 just for the heck of it and in case.

The cough syrup, I am only taking that because I read it thins on the CM and makes it easier for sperm to swim in. And thinking about it, when I have noticed the cervical mucous, it has came out in one big glob. Very stretch, looked exactly as it said it should, but it was very thick. Seriously one big glob is the best way I can describe it. Sometimes I would notice it when going to the bathroom, and I would pull it out, and it honestly felt like I was pulling it out of a plug, if that makes sense. So maybe that means my CM is too thick, so I guess maybe its good that I got the cough syrup. I may actually post a question on the CM just to learn more about it. I been lurking on this forum for awhile, but now that I am actually TRYING, I am going to get as informed as possible :amartass:

I am a little concerned about when I am actually going to ovulate because I took soy isoflavones at the start of my cycle, and I dont know how my body will react to them. Last cycle I took them too. They didnt work, but as I told you before I didnt really time the BD'ing, so that may be why. Also my cycle was 30 days last month instead of 27 which what it is most of the time. I dont know if it was the soy or not because sometimes my cycle is 30 days but rarely. Other than that, I am a little worried I may not get my BFP, and I guess maybe a little worried that there may be something wrong with me if I dont.

We have been BD'ing everyday, because that is just what we do anyways except before he was not ejaculating in me every time - NTNP. So I figure if we do this every day until next Saturday, we may even do it longer just in case. We shouldnt miss O this way. :nope:

I guess we both should try temping next month if this doesnt work, or even OPK... there is a kit thingy that is all digital. I thing its clear blue maybe? Anyways you just put the stick in and it tells you everything... We should look into it.

I think it's different for everyone. Sore breasts/no sore breasts...it isn't a gauranteed sign either way. Everybody and every pregnancy is different. I have sore breasts all the time too, and when I was pregnant with my DS they were EVEN MORE sore! The best way to know - is to wait until AF is late, and poas. As much as it's difficult to wait!

ALSO- You have to remember that until the embryo implants into the uterus, you won't have any symptoms...so having sore breasts right after AF isn't a good predictor. BABY DUST TO YOU!!! XX

Thank you, Jen... I guess what I am trying to figure out is if my sore and swollen breasts sometime after ovulation means that I did not conceive. I know that I wouldnt get any pregnancy symptoms until the egg implants. :dust: to you too, my dear :)

i dont know what to say about that really becuse i guess all us ladies are diffrent and we all have diffrent experiences due to ovulation or TTC when i conceived my daughter nearly 8 yrs ago i woke up one morning b4 i was even due and acused my husband of using my breasts as a punch bag they were extremely heavy big and very painful to touch when i did cheap pregnancy tests they were faint lines and then i had implantation bleeding when i was a week late my husband thought i started my period until i demanded him to pick up a boots test and it was possitive but now im finding it hard to TTC did an ovulation test today and its negative :( and around my nipples are slightly tender so i have no idea if iv ovulated my BBT is up and down like a yoyo but i dont think iv conceived just shame usual shit!!! excuse my language but thats way im feeling today confused :( about my ovulation everything now i find it much harder to TTC

Its alright. I wish I knew the answer to this though. Im trying to see if my body and some other women who experiencing the same. may be giving us a clue we are not pregnant, that way we do not have to endure the 2ww LOL.

It really would be nice to know because I may have just ovulated, if not I will be soon and I wanna know so I am not so disappointed when my period does come.

iv been monitoring my BBT every morning, last month i did LH ovulation 9 test strips around the time im surpose to ovulate all ov them was negative :( i was pee,ing for england tho right the way through the whole month i even went to have a urine sample done to to see if i had an infection no sign the nurse almost told me off and told me im haven to much sex :( thats causing it :( i think i even came on my period a day early :( but i dint notice any breast tenderness arround last month sometimes i get breast tenderness at different times of the month b4 im due but normally i can get breast tenderness when im on pmt....or just before im due

well iv not been much help but iv never heard of any one really haven a real clue to knowing if they havent conceived unless they do a preggie test or just know i did come across someone who claim to say exactly the same story as you tho on the interent when i was browsing and indication to say they know they dint conceive weird anyway good luck hun in finding your search im sure one or 2 ladies on here might relate to your story :)

OOh, hi there! I found this thread by searching for this exact topic! My boobs get really sore the second I ovulate and this continues until my AF. HOWEVER, I have been pregnant before (which sadly ended in ectopic) and my boobs were sore then as well.

My boobs are not sore since last night, so I'm expecting AF any second (GGGRRRRR!!) but I know exactly what you mean about this whole boob thing. I guess because I normally get AF when I wake up, I'm still holding out hope because it's 11am and I haven't got it yet. Pathetic! The straws that we ladies clutch....

Anyway, good thread. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->