breast pump

soup

Reaction score
hi all, my boss has very kindly lent me her breast pump, it is a top of the range, electric, double jobby. (DH says it looks like something off a farm!!!:rofl:) just searched it and it costs over £200 and is the sort the hospitals have so should be pretty good!

she has used it a lot for the twins when they were in hosp, and her sil used it for her baby too and although i know i can clean and sterilise all the bits (tubes and the breast sheild bit) but i would prefer to have new ones and can buy them for about £20. i am happy to spend that if i am going to use it, but im not sure how much i will express and if i will get on with the (scary looking) machine.

anyway i will get to the point :blush: what would you do? would you buy them now, or wait, have a go with the machine when baby gets here then order the new bits?

thanks

Its up to you ...do u intend on expressing to let oh feed or just incase i have to ? I know i am gunna just express :hugs:

Hmm...I'm a germ freak myself...but I'm also a cheapo and would wait to make sure everything works and you like it before you go and spend money on some new parts for the machine :)

I have a big issue with anything used like that even if it can be cleaned. I went and bought a top of the line one for myself to use because I will express once I am back at work and once in awhile for DH to get feeding time with DD.

I would buy the new one IMO.

have usedelectric ones and manual ones and i got to say its great to have them right away as you need sleep and its great for oh to get involved.

hope this helps

I would wait until you give birth, just incase you can't breastfeed ;)

I think I would be organised with the new bits so you have them if and when you want to express

I would wait and see if you can breastfeed and if you find express comfortable before paying out, take care :hugs: XX

I would wait untill after you have had the baby too. I breastfed but for some strange reason could never express,it just didnt happen for me so best to wait and see how things go before spending the money on it.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->