Breast pump

emma32

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i'm new to the site & i've gone thru some forums which looks very helpful. I'm 31weeks & just doing my shopping at the moment &since its my first baby i'm finding it quite hard making decision on wht is best to get. Presently, i'm looking at buying a breast pump & hv found that there is electric &manual. Pls can someone help me with the difference & advise on which to buy, manual or electric & what make is best - avent, etc.
Pls your advice will be appreciated, thx.

ive just got the avent manual one today. hopefully its gunna be ok! x

I'm going electric. I won't have a lot of time to pump at work, so I hear dual electric will be fastest.

My cousin who has 2 boys has tried A LOT of different breast pumps but she recommended this pump to me.

She said it was the BEST purchase she ever made, and if you read the reviews on it everyone says the same thing. Lemme just tell you though its very expensive.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2901995

ive got the manual avent one - its alot cheaper but more work!

obv the electric one will be alot easier and quicker but its 4 times as much xxx depends on how long u think u'll use it for

i dont even know what its going to be like breastfeeding - and i may not even end up using it if i have any problems

my friend stopped after a week as she wasnt giving enough milk and she hadnt been eating properly through not sleeping much - so midwife just told her to go onto bottles so baby was getting enough nutrients

xx

I've got the avent manual one, don't know if I'll use it or how I'll be at breastfeeding anyway so well see. Sorry that was probably no help

I have got the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Manual one, I got it reduced in TK Max for £7!

Figured it will be fine to start me off and if I use it enough to warrant an electric one then might move to that.

Also MW said that they can lend out the Medela Electric ones to ladies who need to express to continue breast feeding - might be worth asking about that.

i have the tommee tippee CTN manuel one from when i had DS and i had no problems and it didnt take me significantly more time to express than with the electric pump i used in the hospital

I'm waiting until after baby arrives to see first if I can breastfeed successfully then will purchase a manual pump which should be sufficient for what I need. The plan is for my husband to be able to feed baby once a day with expressed milk. I think your circumstance dictates whether you go manual or electric. If your planning to feed your baby with expressed milk on a more frequent basis, or are looking at returning to work and want your baby to continue on breast milk then, it would seem from feedback on this forum (particularly in the breastfeeding section), that an electric pump would better suit your needs. I personally think its one of those things where you may have to buy and try until you find one that works for you, regardless of what people tell you, because we're all different. What works for someone won't necessarily work for you. Hope this helped. Good luck.

When I had my son he was a premmie and I needed to pump all the time, I hired an electric one. Later I bought a manual on and it was so much quicker than the electric one. If I need to use one this time it will definitely be a manual one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->