Breast pumps

emma.c89

Reaction score
Hi Ladies. I'm popping over from 3rd tri. I'm planning on breast feeding/ expressing milk when LO is here. I havent a clue on what brand, twin or single pumps to go for?? does anybody have any reccomendations?? Emma x

Should probably move this over to BF section :flower: It really depends on your situation. I highly recommend at least having a manual pump to relieve engorment. If you have to go back to work, you may want to consider getting a fancy double electric. I'm at home with my LO, so, there was no need for an electric pump. HTH

medela swing was great for me and i suggest dual if you pump often

I'd recommend the Medela Swing too (electric), works great for me. It's the top one on Which too.

I would definitely not recommend the Tommee Tippee manual one, I couldn't get one drop out with it.

Medela swing for me too!! No other pump I tried could get much out, but the swing works really well

I've got the Spectra 3, electric, and it's excellent. Good luck!! :) xx

I used the Medela Swing as well, and it was brilliant.

However, if we have another baby I think I might sell it and buy a dual pump as I felt like I was forever pumping when I needed to be doing other things.

x

the Medela Swing is good, but I'd really try not to use a pump too much in the early days if you can avoid it (apart from relieving engorgement) ... pumping doesn't stimulate the milk supply as much as actual BF so if you pump more than you put LO to the breast before the supply has fully settled down (which takes about 6 weeks) it can compromise your milk supply :hugs:

I have the First Years miPump and its awesome. It comes with a handle so you can express both breasts at once. It's great.

I used the Medela Swing (electric). I would def recommend it! But if you intend on express a lot, I would suggest a dual pump as well.

I have a Lansinoh Affinity Double Electric pump - cheapest double I could find and does great for me :)

Another vote for the Medela Swing for if you want to express a bottle here and there. My nipples were in too much pain in the early days to even try the manual tt pump I had. I used the Swing on lowest setting and then worked my way up to higher during the session. I sometimes got 4oz out of one breast which is pretty decent for 15min of pumping.

Agree with others, go for a double if you need to pump for going back to work. I used to pump one side and feed LO on other. A bit fiddly but great for let down and also saves a bit of time

I have the Medela Pump-in-style, it was $300 but worth every penny. I used it every day, about 5 x a day for a year! Well worth the money. I've heard loads of good things about the Medela Swing and Medelas are a great brand to go for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->