Breastfeeding and Diabetes?

S

Serene123

I think I might have Diabetes..

I'm peeing alot especially at night, feeling dizzy and a little crampy. I feel so lethargic a lot of the time. I thought the dizzyness and lethargy was just feeling a little down sometimes but now I'm not so sure.. My sister has type 2 diabetes so I don't know if it's genetic.

Anywho, does it effect BF?

I don't think it would affect BFing as it has nothing to do with your milk supply, it's to do with your pancreas. My grandad and auntie both have type 1 diabetes which I know is genetic although i'm not sure about type 2 as it's not very common in under 40's! Hope you don't have it :hugs:

i dont think type 2 is genetic, my dad's type 2 and only got diagnosed in the last couple of years (he's 60). it's late onset type2, so normally isnt diagnosed til a lot older. my dad's is diet controlled, you've GOT to have breakfast, somethin like porridge to set you up for the day. he makes sure he eats his 5 a day and stuff like that. i wouldnt have thought it affected BF, cos i'm pretty your body makes sure LOs fed before you? xx

Thanks girls, just checking. She's not BFing much that's all. I guess she's just growing up :dohh:

Sounds like you could be dehydrated or not eating enough food, or not eating enough healthy food. Peeing more can be a sign of dehydration, as is the dizzyness and cramping.

I would try to go see the doctor if your worried hun , diabetes is not something to mess around with !

Are you eating healthy ? like lots of fruits and veg ? I n=know its hard to eat our normal 3 meals when we got lil ones running around but you gotta try

I wouldn't go into saying what's wrong with you hun but see a Dr. I just have to say that I have early onset type 2 diabetes and I am bfing. If anything it is making my sugars lower and I have better control. My health is better now I am bfing so it improves with bfing xxx

My Dad's type 2 - he had a feeling he was because it's in our family and he was right. I dont know how it affects BFing but a quick blood test should set your mind at rest. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->