Breastfeeding and Postpartum Periods?

3xpire

Mother to Kalei Mae (:
Reaction score
Im a breastfeeding mom. Three months postpartum. I know Ive heard your periods can be mixed up, but Im just lost here. I had a weird short period, maybe five days long when I was eight weeks PP, and for the last week or so Ive been having cramping on and off, etc like Im about to have my period, but theres nothing. Is it a possibility Im pregnant again? Or could this likely just be from breastfeeding?

I love my little one very much, and I don't know if I can do another one. I just don't know. I'm terrified ):

Breastfeeding tends to stop women ovulating and having periods but it doesn't work for everyone. If your exclusively bf then your are less likely to have a period at all. My midwife said its your bodies way of stopping you falling pregnant while you supply all the nutrients to your baby x

I had my first period just before 3 months pp then at just before 4 months pp I had lots of cramping, increased appetite, and a day of spotting, now almost 5 months pp I am having another period extremely heavy one. Bfing definitely throws our cycles off course.

Exclusively BF is not natural BC. I was on taking the mini pill and BF and fell pregnant at 6 months post partum.
I remember my periods last time were pretty normal, just no consistency to them. I had no idea when they would show up. I'm currently 3 months post-partum and I had two days of a super achey back, then light pink-brown spotting for two days...and now completely gone! I'm so confused myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->