breastfeeding but am i pregnant? help!

Riley_Zoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
My little girl is almost 10 months and i havent had a period yet as im still breastfeeding. Anyway the last few days ive had an awful headache, been peeing more, drinking more, tired and generally feeling drained. Im wondering if anyone on here have got pregnant while breastfeeding and what symptoms they got?
i wasnt trying to get pregnant and i cant get out till tomorrow to get a test.
thank you for you help in advance :)

This hasn't happened to me. However this happened to my Sister in Law. She was 16 weeks pregnant when she found out she was pregnant with her 3rd baby and her 2nd was only 5 months old! She was completely shocked but also was breast feeding and hadn't had a period!This probably doesn't help but definitely take a test.

Not me, but it happened to 3 ladies I know. Breastfeeding is definitely not a reliable form of contraception. When you test I hope you get the answer you want.

Happened to me my daughter was 20 months, I didn't have a period in all that time but fell pregnant with my now 3 yr old

I am pregnant and still breastfeeding but my period returned at 12 months postpartum.
There is lots of good info about breastfeeding and pregnancy here: https://kellymom.com/category/pregnancy/bf-preg/

My nipples feel a bit sore but aside from that breastfeeding feels the same.
I hope my milk won't dry up and we will be able to tandem nurse with the new baby.

Thanks everyone, we were trying but we weren't preventing either, we just decided to see if it happened, i haven't noticed any ovulation signs hence im not sure whats happening. But deff feel similar to first pregnancy. Just thought with breastfeeding hormones are already elevated so wasnt expecting such strong preg symptoms i suppose. Not sure if i am or not will just have to wait till tomorrow when i can get a test :)

Hi everyone
My little girl is almost 10 months and i havent had a period yet as im still breastfeeding. Anyway the last few days ive had an awful headache, been peeing more, drinking more, tired and generally feeling drained. Im wondering if anyone on here have got pregnant while breastfeeding and what symptoms they got?
i wasnt trying to get pregnant and i cant get out till tomorrow to get a test.
thank you for you help in advance :)

I am still nursing my 14 month old, and found out Im pregnant yesterday. Not due for AF until tomorrow.

My symptoms have been mild, no breast tenderness. I haven't had much of an appetite and I pee more. I've been having some weird abdominal feelings, but no pain. I just started having weird dreams a couple days ago. Not very helpful, but I do wonder if my symptoms are more mild because I'm nursing.

Still breastfeeding my 2 year old (28 months) here. It's def possible! Keep us posted! :flow:

you can absolutely get pregnant while breast feeding without having AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->