breastfeeding fashion

M

Maman

what do you wear?

im currently layering tops, but i find this makes me far too hot, and the breastfeedign clothes ive seen seem really expensive... where do you shop?

I'm layering tops as well- well bump band, a loose top, and then a loose cardi on top. Nursing tops seem very expensive and most seem quite fiddly

I struggle with this too - my whole winter wardrobe is jumper dress and tights or leggings - sooo not good for bfing!!

matalan do £10 (might be £8 actually!) BF tops. theyre not the most fashionable of things but a bit of ribbon tied in a bow to the side under the bust makes it look loads better, they are a bit fiddly so we only wear them when we go out other tops im finding fab to BF in is smock tops in a size bigger than i need, the extra material in the bottom half drapes down when you feed to cover all your tummy :) iv fed in smock tops at home with guests (and im uncomfortable still about nursing in front of anybody, its worse if i know them! i couldnt care less if some stranger in a coffee shop got an eyefull lol!) matalan online delivery is only £2 so good value :)

Don't waste your money on special tops...I just wear my normal tops (providing they're easy to lift) and I lift the side I need to feed from just as I'm ready to latch LO. if you're cold/self conscious just wear a cardigan too so this will shield you from the side as can pull it forward to cover your boob and LOs head.

If you're self conscious about mummy tummy either wear bump band or boob tube under top or lay a muslin across tummy which will also help to catch spilled milk (if you have fast letdown like me!)

If you have jumper dresses wear them with leggings under to keep you decent and feed in same way as above

I bought shedloads of Mamaway tops, second hand on ebay. I love them, I'll be selling them fairly soon I think, as LO is nearly weaned, and most of them are still pretty nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->