• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

breastfeeding/periods

helz81

Mum of 3
Reaction score
So I'm exclusively breastfeeding..and I've got period pain :wacko: Ethan is only just turned 5 weeks old..hoping my periods arn't returning so soon!!?

It could just be your uterus still contracting back to its original size, i only bf and it took 6 months for mine to come back, and my friend took 8 months for hers to come back.

no advice hun as not bf but my little boy is called ethan too xx

I BF for 4 months and have regular periods...i was an unlucky one lol

I got mine back at about 7 or 8 months.. Like someone else said it could just be your uterus contracting back to its usual size. :D

My daughter will be four months on Friday and I still have not gotten a period. It's nice. hehe. I agree with the other girls that it might just be your uterus going back to normal size. :hugs:

I'm exclusively breastfeeding and got horrible period pains at 6 weeks... then had a period for 2 weeks straight. So you could be getting a period! My doc says it doesn't matter if you breastfeed or bottle feed, but everywhere else online says it does. I have no idea. I'm proof that it didn't matter.

My obgyn said that for a small percentage of women, BF doesn't matter and they get their period quite soon. Otherwise, it may take quite awhile...

I got my AF back, too. :hissy: 5 weeks of lochia, then AF at 14 and 20 weeks. Blergh! I was hoping to use BFing as BC, but that is a NO GO for me. :sigh:

I still reluctantly breastfeed and still no period at 10 months later!!!

I started off exclusively BFing, but I need to wean her off b/c my medication dictates that I can't BF past 6 months. I've been combi-feeding for almost 2 months, and still no AF. I don't pump as much as I should either... so I'm not worried, but I just hope this helps..?

I got my AF back, too. :hissy: 5 weeks of lochia, then AF at 14 and 20 weeks. Blergh! I was hoping to use BFing as BC, but that is a NO GO for me. :sigh:

BFing is DEFINITELY not BC! you still ovulate, you just don't shed your lining! that is, if you were like me and didn't get AF so soon. DH and I still take precautions until I switch to bottle full time and can use a hormonal method of BC. can't wait to stop using rubbers, lol!!!

I haven't had one yet and I've been EBF for almost 6 months! I'm not complaining :)

BFing is DEFINITELY not BC! you still ovulate, you just don't shed your lining! that is, if you were like me and didn't get AF so soon. DH and I still take precautions until I switch to bottle full time and can use a hormonal method of BC. can't wait to stop using rubbers, lol!!!

You don't keep ovulating, b/c if you did you would shed your lining. The real reason you don't use it for bc is the fact that you have no idea when you are going to ovulate for the first time. Being that by the time you get your first af its too late to prevent anything. The hormone prolactin is wht keeps you from ovulating and not getting af. ;)

To the op, I having been bfing over 6mos and have no af. I too get what I think are ovulation pains and period cramps randomly. They always go away and no af. So far. ;)

It could possibly just be everything going back to normal in there, i've been breastfeeding for 8 months now and still haven't had a period :D although there has been a few times I had what I thought were period pains and thought they were coming back, but nope they didn't :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"