breastfeeding question for mothers who has breastfed several babies??

Stargazer33

Reaction score
I'm already thinking about breastfeeding when our peanut will be here, although its still months ahead, I'm kind of freaking out because I have had a lot of problems breastfeeding, this will be my 6th child and the only baby I managed to breastfeed was baby #4. Which is so weird.. I also freaking out because when this baby will be born i have 3 boys age 9,7 and almost 5. And I have already considered just bottle feed this one because I'm scared breastfeeding is going to take a lot of my time during the day and I won't have time for our 3 boys, cooking and dropping and picking up from school.

I want to manage to breastfeed but at the same time I don't want to be stressing with "do I have enough milk, soreness that comes with it is horrible..

Any advice and tips would absolutely help and comfort me.

Thank you.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

My kids are 5, 3, 2 and 1. I also care for my father who has severe dementia, and have my 4-year-old nephew 4-5 days per week and my 14-year-old nephew 2-3 times per week to give him drum lessons. I homeschool 1st grade for my 5-year-old and preschool for my 2- and 3-year-olds, and I'm teaching them all piano. I have to cook everything from scratch due to severe food allergies and Celiac disease, and my OH expects a house that looks immensely clean, and I clean for 4 hours per day, 1-2 hours on weekend days, and also work part time from home. I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant and just weaned my current youngest who just turned 1 yesterday (baby's idea, not mine!). I know what you mean! There is not enough time in the day sometimes! (Although for me, it's partially because I want to sleep 12 hours per day with this pregnancy!)

So here's what we do.

I nurse openly in my home. I don't wave my breasts around, but if I'm sitting in the living room playing with my kids or one of my nephews, I am often also nursing a baby.

I cannot neglect the emotional needs of my older children just because we have a new baby who's crying all the time. I do give EACH of my kids at MINIMUM of 15 uninterrupted minutes per day to do whatever THEY want to do. If the baby starts crying, the baby will have to continue to cry for a few minutes because this is our time, and it is the absolutely most important thing I can do for ALL of my children. This keeps my children from feeling left out. It keeps my children from feeling like I only care about the baby or don't care about them. This keeps my children from losing trust or faith in me. It makes them all think I'm the best parent in the world, AND it keeps sibling rivalry to a minimum.

Also, when I'm close to the end of pregnancy, I do freezer cooking. I swear you could make a Pinterest board of hundreds of meal ideas that you could just thaw and throw in the oven or crock pot or even the microwave to heat up and eat. I do individual healthy lunches consisting of a serving of meat, some cauliflower rice and then pack in a ton of delicious roasted vegetables, and I freeze a whole bunch of those once a month all year round. My OH takes one to work when we have no leftovers in the fridge, leaves it in the work fridge to thaw and then just microwaves it until it's hot. They're awesome! Also, if the kids and I need a quick lunch, we will grab a few of them, too! I also add in a few that aren't so healthy - like chicken broccoli alfredo - those are the ones my kids grab first. haha. But for dinners, we freeze tater tot casseroles, shepherds pies, mac and cheese, baked penne, oven roasted chicken fajitas (raw, thaw and bake until cooked through!)... I also make bags of bbq chicken for the crock pot and meatballs and spinach for crock pot Italian wedding soup and all kinds of delicious things. I'm telling you, if you have a nice-sized freezer, you will not have to cook for months if you fill it up with these awesome meals!!!! I spend about 8 hours making up these meals, but it's enough for a full three months when I do it, and it is amazing.

Seriously, if you do nothing but spend that 15 minutes with your kids even while breastfeeding, and you try out "freezer cooking" or "freezer meals", you will NOT have to worry about not having enough time OR your kids not getting enough of your love and attention.

Wow!! Thank you so much for this:winkwink: I'm really going to think about this with making meals and put in the freezer, that's awesome! I do love my crockpot so ill try to use that one more definitely :winkwink:
Thank you again for major advice and I huge respect for all that you do:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->