Breastfeeding sisters

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Tacey, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Tacey

Tacey Well-Known Member

Did anyone see the sisters who sometimes nurse each others children on This Morning yesterday? It's on catch up here at about 14 minutes in.

I groaned when I heard it would be on This Morning, as they usually manage to sensationalise, but I thought it was really positive and the ladies came across brilliantly.

2. Dk1234

Dk1234 Mom to Coen

I would like to have seen this but im in the states. I don't know why this freaks me out but it does. I would flip if someone else nursed my baby. I don't know why, I don't see it as sexual or anything, maybe seeing this would have helped me.

3. Tacey

Tacey Well-Known Member

A shame you couldn't see it! I think that was one of the things that came across positively though, they acknowledged that it wasn't for everyone. They were very uncontroversial on what could have been quite a controversial subject.

4. TheNewMrs

TheNewMrs Well-Known Member

Can't watch it as Im in Ireland. Heard it was fab though. Very positive. :)

5. Tess.ie

Tess.ie In love with our lil girl

I'm also in Ireland so couldn't see it, but think that it would have been really interesting. I do love when people can show that things like that (and even bf in general) is not something weird or scary or disgusting, its actually just totally normal and natural, and is for everyone's best interests.

6. MetalMaiden

MetalMaiden three it be

if it came down to it in a crunch, i'd let LO go for a round from either of my sisters :shrug: didnt see the show so not sure of the circumstances they did it in but to each their own :shrug: im certainly not against it!

7. Faith1025

Faith1025 Well-Known Member

Me, too. I'd be insanely jealous if someone else nursed Kylie.

8. chrislo4

chrislo4 Mum to Lucie & expecting!

I'm not against them doing it but not for doing it myself. I would have let Lucie take breast milk in a bottle from someone else but not from someone else's breast! Jealousy would have definitely kicked in here also X

9. Super G

Super G Well-Known Member

I did and I agree that they came across really well.

I liked how they just simply said that breastfeeding was just normal. And that its only been viewed in a different way in the last 100 years or so. Before that breastfeeding & wet nursing was just normal.

It was so nice to see a piece about breastfeeding that was unsensationalised.

I found this with a video clip, I hope people can view it
    https://m.parentherald.com/articles...ch-s-children-wet-nursing-bought-families.htm

10. misspriss

misspriss Well-Known Member

I don't know, I am not sure if I would let one of my sisters nurse LO if I was capable of it, but then again I might.

On a different note, think of all the different immunity benefits...

11. Dk1234

Dk1234 Mom to Coen

I guess that's it, jealousy. I'm weird about donated bm too though. How would I know that person hadn't done some kind of crazy drug or something. You'd think I'd be a health freak but I'm totally not. Just a weirdo I guess