Breastfeeding while pregnant

Vrinda

Reaction score
Is it okay to breastfeed your toddler while you are pregnant? My question is specifically about those who have two close pregnancies, ykwim. If so, then for how long? I mean at what point in your pregnancy you should or shouldn't breastfeed? If you have a year old baby can you still breastfeed her until late pregnancy ? I am just curious

Generally speaking, it's safe to breastfeed throughout the entire pregnancy, then tandem feed after the birth if you wish. There's some more detailed information on safety here. Many women find their supply drops, and some will dry up altogether. Some children self wean due to lack of milk, or a different taste, and some will continue through, or even dry nurse. Women often find nursing more uncomfortable and might cut down feeds, or initiate weaning themselves. On the other hand, some carry on as normal! It really does vary.

My personal experience is that I've had a bit of a supply drop, but if anything, Alice is more keen than ever. I don't enjoy it as much as I did, and it's often sore, but I think it's still important to her, and I know if we can make it through, it will be better once the baby comes. I really want to tandem feed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->