breastmilk and hpt

ajr1990

Reaction score
hey ladies,
so I'm sitting here confused as heck.
i am now 10dpo and I feel I have been getting faint lines off and on for days now. It feels like line will be there.. then be gone.
it's puzzling to say the least.

so I have been thinking, is there ANY scientific data that possibly supports that breastmilk gets part of the overspilling hcg?
i know in the past I have read things on breastmilk being unreliable but have also read contradicting things(like people actually getting bfp with breastmilk and drs recommending to test with breastmilk while breastfeeding)
what are your thoughts on this? Is there ANY possibly only part hgc goes to urine while you are breastfeeding?

i will also mention I HAVE tested with bm in the past over the last 5 years and not even once have I ever gotten a second(test) line.. not once. But as you can see there is def a faint test line here.

Attachments

• image-6.jpg
    image-6.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image-7.jpg
    image-7.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 11
ajr I still think you are preggers!
Not sure on the BM testing thing...I'm sure there are youTube vids on it tho.
I absolutely can see your faint bfp, so looks like you just need to wait for the hcg to hit that magical # for the line to pop!
Think of it this way, an embryo can implant with hcg from 1-say 6. If by chance yours is 2 on implant, then 2 days later it's 4, 2 more days its 8, 2 more days it's 16...So now 6 days have passed since implant, and with a 25 miu test it is likely blank, even a 20 miu is likely blank, but a 10-15 miu should catch it but it will still be VERY faint.
Keep in mind when a manufact. lists a test detects positive :as low as 20 miu"
They are meaning for the test to show 2 strong lines, not a control and a squinter lol.
So I totally trust your test is picking up hcg, but whatever level is in your blood is always higher than in urine ( different absorbtion rate and metabolized diff) and I would guess it would be lower in BM since many medications do not cross over into the milk but do show in urine.
Hope it helped a bit...preggo :haha:
congrats and FX you get the dark line soon- your chart is a-may-zinnng!
:dust:

FX your right! Only time will tell and it seems I am the most impatient person in the freakin world! UGH.. horrible trait lol

wantsalittle1 found this online and posted in my other thread... "Edited: So I was wrong, at least some substances (eg alcohol) are in the same concentration in breastmilk as they are in blood... So I guess the question is, is hCG one of those substances?"

ajr I still think you are preggers!
Not sure on the BM testing thing...I'm sure there are youTube vids on it tho.
I absolutely can see your faint bfp, so looks like you just need to wait for the hcg to hit that magical # for the line to pop!
Think of it this way, an embryo can implant with hcg from 1-say 6. If by chance yours is 2 on implant, then 2 days later it's 4, 2 more days its 8, 2 more days it's 16...So now 6 days have passed since implant, and with a 25 miu test it is likely blank, even a 20 miu is likely blank, but a 10-15 miu should catch it but it will still be VERY faint.
Keep in mind when a manufact. lists a test detects positive :as low as 20 miu"
They are meaning for the test to show 2 strong lines, not a control and a squinter lol.
So I totally trust your test is picking up hcg, but whatever level is in your blood is always higher than in urine ( different absorbtion rate and metabolized diff) and I would guess it would be lower in BM since many medications do not cross over into the milk but do show in urine.
How it helped a bit...preggo :haha:
congrats and FX you get the dark line soon- your chart is a-may-zinnng!
:dust:

Yea I knew about alcohol because they sell test strips at the mommy stores so you can dip and tell if the alcohol has cleared the milk before feeding baby if you drink.
I would imagine some hcg is in the milk, but it would not take away from the total in your system that would show in your urine or pee. It may just absorb less from the blood as it passes the milkducts:shrug:

Just so frustrating.. Guess I just need to wait a few more days :)

I hear ya Brit on another thread is getting faint but def there and pink bfp on wondfo but nothing on frer??
I can see my very faint lines on walmart but nothing on frer...WTH??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->