Breathless!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Buffy71, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

Hi girls,

I ran up the stairs at the station this morning and felt like I was going to die when I got on the train. I was breathless and my heart was pounding - quickly followed up by a panic attack as then I got worried (grrrr :growlmad:- luckily can talk myself down from panic attacks quite quickly - just get cross with myself!). Anyway, sorry for the waffle, has anyone else found themselves out of puff sooner? :shrug:

2. third time

third time Well-Known Member

chest has hurt a bit when my boobs were sore but other than that, no not really sorry hun xx

3. Buffy71

hmm... off to docs for first apptment today - will mention it - hopefully she'll do blood pressure and listen to my chest etc. Could just be that I've been a complete lard arse over the Easter break and not really moved from my sofa! :blush: heehee :laugh2:

4. maka888

maka888 Well-Known Member

i have the same thing going on and my dr said its completely normal! we need more oxygen while we are pregnant and frequently can become out of breath! she also told me... " the worse we feel, the better we know our baby is doing".. so now, as im praying to the porcelain god in the morning... i repeat that over and over and over... tends to help a bit! lol

5. Buffy71

Maka your post really made me chuckle - AND feel SOOO much better. Thanks so much for sharing that info - everytime I manage to talk myself out of worrying about something - another thing crops up. Its hilarious really.

I havent started chatting to God on the porcelain phone yet, although am feeling decidedly queazy today. That roller coaster is about to start...!

Thanks again.
    xx

6. Fluxuspoem

Fluxuspoem Mama

Yes it is the same for me, I feel that the stairs are my worse enemy right now...:)

7. Max&Mom

Max&Mom Guest

I was the same till i hit 10 weeks ..it was quite annoying lol

8. ClaireLouise

ClaireLouise Well-Known Member

I sympathise with you hunni! I have 5 flights of stairs to climb each day to work, the lift in our building scares me its about 100 years old!

But even when it was really hot last week, i found myself a little breathless a number of times when i walked out for my lunch. I thought it was just me being an old woman haha!

9. IHrtSteve

IHrtSteve Mommy to 2, almost 3 boys

Been breathless too. Walking on treadmill I am much more limited than I used to be. Up the stairs kills me too. Nose has been a bit stuffy past few weeks so I think that might be adding to it. I really notice it when I lie down at night. Breathing much louder than usual!! Poor DH!

10. miel

miel Married to an amazing guy

yes i noticed that about myself as well ...must be a good sign then :)

11. loopdido

loopdido Mum to 2

I get that already! like if I get up in the night for a pee (as you do) when I get back into bed my heart is pounding and I'm a tad out of breath! oops and that's not even running! lol

apparantly in the first 8 weeks your heart rate increases by 10 bpm and your metabolic rate by 10-25%!

12. jennie_78

jennie_78 Mum to Caitlin, and TTC

ive been getting it as well. When i take the dogs out, it feels like ive walked miles. Hope it goes soon, as im really not enjoying exercising my dogs at the moment.

13. PrettyBonk

PrettyBonk Alex,Abigail,&Grace's mom

ugh...I've felt like that since week 6...still breathless :(
    after I walk...after I eat...after a long conversation...after I go up the stairs...blah blah lah...just horrible.
    and not only that but my heart is pounding like crazy...like its about to pop out of my chest...but blood pressure is OOK!