Breathlessness

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Gemie, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Gemie

Gemie Mum to 3

Just sitting down :nope: I feel like I can't catch my breath properly.

I'm not very well, I've got a cough and a cold do you think it's something to do with that? It's horrible :(

2. jellybeanxx

jellybeanxx NTNP #4

You could be a bit congested if you're not well and/or baby could be pushing up against your lungs. Hope you feel better soon!

3. Kirstymum005

Kirstymum005 Well-Known Member

I get that sometimes too even when I am sitting down. It feels like I can't catch my breath. I've never had it before I was pregnant sick or not so I know it's the baby. When I feel like that I try to take a deep breath and breathe out slowly. Most of the times it subsides.

4. Perplexed

Perplexed Mommy of 2

I feel quite breathless also even when I'm sitting down. Asked my ob about it and she said it's normal and related to the baby's position. If you're worried better get in touch with your caregiver at least for peace if mind.

5. Sonnenshein_

Sonnenshein_ instagram-elevenjuneseven

A few weeks ago I was so unwell with breathlessness. I couldn't lay down, not even on my left side to get relief from it, and I'd randomly get racing heart, dizziness to the point of almost fainting, and generally feeling like I just couldn't breathe. Turns out I'm anaemic and since I started taking Spatone (I got prescribed meds but they made me so ill) I've not really had it at all - so it might be worth getting your iron levels checked or even just go buy some spatone or iron supplement and see if it helps you feel better x

6. Gemie

Gemie Mum to 3

I've got a load of spatone from earlier in the pregnancy when I was feeling tired. Ill try it :thumbup: