Breathlessness

Talia12

Reaction score
Is this a symptom? I am so puffed tonight, I'm lying in bed and feel like I've just run a mile. Can't seem to fill my lungs properly. Wondered if this could somehow be pregnancy related, or just some random thing my body is doing tonight...

I'm right there with you. I've only just gotten my BFP and am already breathless. Taking out the trash yesterday made me feel like I've run a marathon. Unfortunately I don't have any solutions. My doctor told me that it is your body's way of telling you to slow down and rest, which is easier said than done when you have another child(ren) to look after.

Yup! I live in a two story and couldn't understand why going up the stairs was making me winded. I googled it and it said something about the increase of progesterone possibly causing it.

It's probably normal for some women. For me, when I get that way it's a sign of anemia. A week of taking natural iron made from Whole Foods and it goes away.

I'm surprised to be breathless already, I felt like it didn't happen this early with DD. Today I started having heart palpitations again too, I had them at 8 weeks so I'm thinking of having my iron and thyroid checked.

I had it with my last pregnancy around 6 weeks and my dr told me it was normal

Thanks everyone!
Didn't realise it could also potentially be an iron issue, hopefully it's just a pregnancy thing then but I'm having bloods done at my booking in in a week or so anyway.

I had quite a big breathlessness with my dd, it got better after 1st tri. Its not as bad this time but still..., after bathing my dd and getting her ready for bed i need good few minutes before i read her a book.

It's not an iron issue for me, but it's a symptom I get every time. It's because your blood volume is increasing so rapidly. You're now using more oxygen. By the time I get up my large staircase to my bedroom, I am huffing and puffing, and sometimes I get pretty light headed. So it's important to take it easy. This symptom will pass eventually. :)

I'm surprised to be breathless already, I felt like it didn't happen this early with DD. Today I started having heart palpitations again too, I had them at 8 weeks so I'm thinking of having my iron and thyroid checked.

The heart palpitations were a sign of anemia for me too. And sleep problems. I didn't even know the sleep thing was one until my last pregnancy! And getting dizzy or lightheaded. Feeling weak or tired. Wearing down easily. The funny thing is all these could just be pregnancy related, but for me it always means anemia and once I start my plant based iron supplements it goes away.

Thanks everyone!
Didn't realise it could also potentially be an iron issue, hopefully it's just a pregnancy thing then but I'm having bloods done at my booking in in a week or so anyway.

It may be good to have them run again later as well, even if you come back ok this time. baby will use up more and more iron as the pregnancy moves along.

Breathlessness is very common in pregnancy. Breathlessness in pregnancy happens because of the natural changes that your body goes through to adapt itself to carrying your baby. Breathlessness and tiredness can also be a sign that your iron levels are low. Try to cut out food that's high in fat, salt and sugar, as this will add to your weight gain and make your breathlessness worse. You could try a multivitamin tablet or a liquid iron supplement if breathlessness is because of iron deficiency. Yoga classes may help you to control your breathing. Gentle exercise such as walking in the fresh air or swimming will help you to maintain your fitness and breathe more deeply.

I went to crossfit on Friday to what would normally be a semi easy workout. I picked it intenetionally but 15 minutes in I couldn't breathe! I could hear my breathing through my ears! I hate that! I couldn't believe it! Thought it was just because I hadn't been as much with my nausea so I'm glad it's not just me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"