Breech baby 34 weeks

HayleyJJ

Reaction score
So baby is still breech and my goodness his head feels like it's under my ribs

Midwife not bothered but I'm being induced 37-38 weeks so I'm kind of freaking out anyone else in same position?

I looked at spinning babies and didn't find it very helpful any one got any tips on how to encourage him to move x

I got my baby to go from transverse at 38w by crWling around on all fours mainly and following spinning babies advice. After 3 days of doing that baby turned.

I know a lot of people who say the 'on all fours' trick worked for them...

My 10 year old was breach up till 37 almost 38 weeks. But I tried the advice on the spinning babies and he was head down within a few days. I started following it earlier this time and doing exercises to encourage the head down position (on the advice of my condultant) so now my little lady is head down already.

My baby is breech too and can relate to the head the ribs feeling!
I am contemplating a section due to previous medical issues with my first, however I was also looking at vaginal birth with extra support from midwives during labour. I have my consultant appointment on Thursday where I am to talk through birth options but also need to mention her being breech as I think I need an ultrasound to check babies position at 36 weeks.
I have anterior placenta too so if I do choose vaginal birth and she does need turning Im not sure how the anterior placenta effects this?
I have so many questions and really feel it is out of my hands till at least 36 weeks x

My DS was breech until 39+4 even after a failed ECV at 37 weeks! I know that doesn't help you much as you are being induced at 37-38 weeks but I would definitely keep trying the positions they suggest on spinning babies and also a birthing ball might help to get baby into the right position too.

My first baby turned at 38 weeks after being in a frank breech my whole pregnancy. I was in the swimming pool when she turned. I've always wondered if the buoyancy in the water helped her turn.

Im almost 32 weeks And my little man is most likely still breech (i feel his kicks low and punches up high and he was breech a few weeks ago). I hope something works for you! I will be stalking this thread to see the results.

I feel you and that horrible pain. I am 32 weeks and mine keeps going from transverse (sideways) to breach. I have been told to go on all 4's and put my had lower than my bum. I have an u/s at 36 weeks to confirm the position. The doctor said that if I am still breach at 36 weeks they will try to turn the baby manually. The only problem is that I was told that I have a heart shaped uterus and I am reading that they don't turn babies when there is a heart shaped uterus.

Maybe you can ask if they would try to turn the baby.

Spinning babies is not helping me as they don't give diagrams I have sod as well any one explain positions for me

All fours - so hands on floor and knees on floor - like a cat. And crawl around for about and hour.

Then there's lying upside down so to speak. So on your bed with legs in the air up against wall with pillows propping your bum up....

I don't know much about it but I heard that you should try to avoid bucket-style seats and lounging positions for any extended period because they encourage breech babies. If you're going to be sitting for a while, try leaning forward. Same goes for when you are on your exercise ball if you have one. Also google "inversions" if you don't know what they are. I was definitely able to find some diagrams and videos of that. Good luck!!

Yes videos and diagrams are good

I can go on all fours but not for an hour I have bad spd

I agree with the spinning babies. DD was breech at my 33 week appt and she was head down by next appt.

Besides all fours, I also did the inversion. I'm not sure if it'd be easy with your SPD, but here's a video on how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOXiV4nUOXQ

If you try this, I'd go through the spinning babies website on when not do to it and things to avoid while doing it:

https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/techniques/the-fantastic-four/forward-leaning-inversion/

Another is the Breech Tilt:

https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/techniques/other-techniques/breech-tilt/

Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyBk2K2Pesg

Here's another exercise video done by the same as the previous. It looks like a modified version of the inversion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hc5V0P6TSo

I would maybe even ask your doctor about some exercises that may work better for your SPD. It'd imagine some of the exercises could be hard on that.

Also, I echo the pp who said about avoid lounging/reclining. I've also read that sitting on a chair backwards helps with posture which helps with positioning (in general).

Agree with PP about sitting. Ensure your bum / hips are higher than your knees at all times. Straddle the back of a dining / kitchen chair over sitting back on sofas etc. I literally did all of that to encourage baby to move x

I have SPD also and doing the inversion isn't bad! Also I think you only have to do it for about 30 seconds at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->