Bridal Party Dance?

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
Who is having them? I'd like to but I don't know what song I'd want to play for it. Mind sharing any ideas? :blush:

its quite an American tradition to do this- Im not aware of anyone I know in Britain who has done them- thats not to say that its not happened because we're quite influencial to american traditions!

I know that if I made my bridal party do a dance(regardless of the cool factor) they would actually kill me!!!

The videos I've seen are usually done to 'Thriller' but I think Paulo Nutini Pencil full of lead is a good one too!

Oh, I'd LOVE to do one of those choreographed routines but I do think my bridal party would mutiny on me. :rofl:

Just one of those normal slow songs where they dance like uh...normal...? :haha: Love my massively descriptive words!

Oh I see. Hummm. Im really not sure then- so are you thinking of doign your first dance as a shared dance then?

We are only just catching on to the whole 'breaking in to a dance routine during the first dance' idea here :haha:

If it's a slow dance you are wanting, then you could have your first dance together, then continue on to the second song with the bridal party joining you....what about Bruno Mars 'Just The Way You Are' or 'Signed, Sealed, Delivered' by Stevie Wonder (bit more upbeat, but you could still waltz to it) or Michael Bubles 'Everything'?

xxx

Yeah I'm just not sure if I even WANT a dance for them. I might ask my girls and see what they think. If they are not into it then we can skip it. Too bad there won't be any breakout dancing to Rock The Casbah or something to that nature. :haha:

:rofl: We are just getting the bridal party and the parents to join us half way through the first dance, then everyone else can join in. Me and Mr Boofs shuffling non-stop for three minutes wouldn't be very interesting!

us too- we're gona look boring as hell but I dont want other people joining us though- its our moment.

Thankfully our first dance song isn't very long. Although maybe I shouldn't do a bridal party dance as there will be ours, mine with my father, his with his mother... hmm. Decisions, decisions.

See how you feel on the night, it can be hard to gauge these type of things. Maybe plan it, then you can decide on the day? x

We are only having the 1st dance and that's it. My sister (MOH) has been told to join in after the 1st chorus as we don't want everyone staring at us for 3/4 minutes lol. After that it's the ceilidh band.

im having a dance with my dad straight after.

this is a brilliant idea and the first song that i thought of was girls girls girls by motley crue :haha: and yes i am aware that the younger bridesmaids won't get it :dohh: but my sisters will and they'll have a laugh :happydance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c6KeQmXnEw

i'm actually going to do this right after our first dance and before the father-daughter/mother-son dance which is going to be father and son by cat stevens. it my dad's and my song as well as steven's and his mum's so it was perfect :angel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q29YR5-t3gg

:cry: :cry: :cry: I can never get through Father and Son by Cat Stevens without bawling my eyes out!!! I've got Claire here going "Mama? Mama? Okay? Mama?" :haha:

Ooo I missed this thread!

Yes we're having a bridal party song..even tho there's actually only 2 adults in the bridal party (me and Elisha, my daughter) :haha: The flower girls are way too little to be wanting to join in with party dancing ;)
It's called Like Candy by Cameo and there's a specific dance to it that my mum used to do years ago so I thought it was fitting (my mum died about 5 years ago) .. it'll also encourage other people to come up and join in and be a good start to the party ;)

I'm not making my bridal party do this at all lol...I am thinking of doing a choreographed routine though(I was in a dance class where the senior got to choreograph their own dances, My OH and I did partner dancing in mine and we would love to show it off to the family as they didn't get to see it and it was beautiful!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->