brie..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by pictureperfec, Feb 1, 2011.

1. pictureperfec

pictureperfec mummy to Saskia

Is it really really bad to have, i LOVE brie and bacon paninis and i swear people in work order it to annoy me.

Its only a little slither of brie in with the bacon...

I have major cravings for one!! And is the risk any lower after 12 weeks?

2. Niamh22

Niamh22 Well-Known Member

I think it is up to you. I was naughty with my first and a brie a couple of times in bacon pannini's lol when i was out. I think it is more i might make you ill than the baby i.e risk of food poisioning rather than liver etc which is harmful for baby

3. bump0911

bump0911 Well-Known Member

I am missing Camembert and Blue Stilton like crazy but I think it's risk of listeria that you shouldn't eat it.

4. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

Yes it is risk of listeria. I would advise against it as the medical profession does. But ultimately it is up to you of course.

5. eandc123

eandc123 Well-Known Member

You can eat the middle of brie because it is generally made with pasturised milk but don't eat the rind as this part isn't.
    I'm a bit of any expert because i love my food but I found out AFTER xmas and all the cheese boards had gone that there is alot more cheese you can eat. Feta is usally made with pasturised milk now so that is ok but I still think any kind of blue cheese is a no-no.

6. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

Isn't the stuff ok if its heated? I don't eat soft cheeses or anything like that so I really don't know...but I know with lunchmeat if you heat it up its ok to eat...