bright red blood, clotting at 11 dpo

ltbustle

Reaction score
hey guys, soooo this is a new one for me....

had sex 2 days before ovulation (pretty sure), but i don't track or monitor other than using a calendar so i could very well be wrong about my o date. about 3 days later, started getting heavy pregnancy symptoms, and i do mean heavy, and pretty much every symptom in the book:

increased urination
darker nipples, bigger boobs feeling like water balloons
feeling of heaviness in uterus
gas, cramping
metallic taste in mouth
lower back pain
twinges

now, i haven't been actively ttc, but ya know when you just KNOW you're pregnant and the idea grows on you? sooo i took a whole slew of tests starting at like 7dpo through yesterday, all BFN. i was sooo confused, because i KNEW i was pregnant.

then dh and i did the deed last night, and i woke up to bright red blood and small clots. this would be cd 25 for me, and i'm a normal 28-30... also, i ALWAYS spot for a day before af comes on in full force, but not this time. my back aches so badly i couldn't even play with my toddler and i still feel very nauseous.

if it's a chemical or miscarriage, wouldn't i have had a bfp before this? i just tested last night, BFN. what the heck?!

Hey! Sorry your going through this time of uncertainty It's hard to say at the moment. I didn't get my BFP u til 15-16dpo with my chemical last year. I guess if your bleeding quite a bit it could be AF coming or some women can bleed quite a bit in early pregnancy. Best thing to do is just see how the next few days days go. Good luck :flower:

Without temping, it's hard to say. You have to just wait it out and see what happens tomorrow. It could be implantation or it could be you ovulated a few days earlier so you are getting AF early or it could be from the BD (super unlikely). I've had bright red clotty blood with AF. I try not to think too much into it. No point in stressing myself out over nothing. You can also do a quick temp in the am before you wake up. Generally, if it's under 98 degrees then you are looking at AF. If it is above 98.4 then it most likely isn't AF. These are general numbers though. I have seen plenty of women who have post O/ pre AF temps that are low. Flip side, I have seen high BBTs during AF.

thanks for the responses!

update: i thought maybe it was just an early, weird AF, but I don't think so. bled bright pink, watery blood, fairly heavy, from sunday morning through today (tuesday) at about 2 p.m. Very, very uncharacteristic of a normal or even semi-normal period.

been testing, BFN. had ectopic and miscarriages before, but i don't think this is a miscarriage as the bleeding suddenly turned brown and stopped (and i mean SUDDENLY - from 60 to 0, like, immediately) and i never got a BFP... could be ectopic, though, i guess.

definitely NOT a period, though.

will update.

not really an "update" as i'm still TOTALLY confused, but i do want to keep this thread active because in my obsessive internet searching, i find many women in similar situations... maybe if i update it will help someone else! (or, someone has been in a similar place and can help me!)

bleeding stopped completely tues afternoon, started spotting brown blood on wed (very, very light, just when wiping), stopped again, and today i've spotted the tiniest bit of brown blood. not enough to wear a liner or anything.

took 2 first responses, one yesterday and one today, both have VERY, and i mean almost invisible, second lines. thought i was crazy but dh saw them, too. i know they say a line is a line, but i'm not sure about these. i mean i questioned my sanity over these lines.

my nipples are killing me, oh and i'm lactating. noticed a few drops the other day so i squeezed and a bit came out of one spot... not it's like five ducts on each nipple leaking. my boobs are freaking huge.

went to clinic today, urine test negative. nurse treated me like a crazy person but i insisted on a blood test and to my relief, the doctor totally agreed with me. will get the results tomorrow, but i have a feeling it'll come back negative.

which would be totally fine, as if i AM pregnant, somethings obviously not right. BUT i have had an ectopic before, and these symptoms, especially the bleeding, are VERY similar to that. i only have one tube left, so if those results tomorrow are negative and im brushed off, if by some weird chance i AM pregnant and its ectopic, BYE BYE FERTILITY!!

sorry for the book! but i'm confused and frustrated! i'm 35 and since getting my period at 10, i've LITERALLY NEVER missed a period or had irregular spotting like this EXCEPT the time i had an ectopic.

Hugs, sorry you are still confused. What kind of test did you request? They general do a qualitative (yes or no) unless you specify you want a quantitative (number). The former could easily come back negative if the bleeding is implantation if you implanted with a low hcg.

As for the frer, is it the new one? Can you post a pic? Not to be discouraging, those tests are complete crap. I have had lines show up on inverted pictures that were evap or indents. The curve shape is stupid. I would love to take a look at your test.

Try not to stress. I'm surprised your doctor isn't a bit more cautious since you had an ectopic before. Hugs hugs. Will be thinking of you and checking back in tomorrow for the update

They did a quantitative test. Hope I'm able to get some answers today! But I fear if it comes back negative I'll just be even more confused. My body has never done this before, and I know irregular periods can happen; I just find it odd it would happen the ONE cycle I had unprotected sex and have all these pregnancy symptoms. If I'm, in fact, not pregnant, maybe I just have a hormonal imbalance that needs attention.

And yes, I used the big fat curved First Responses. I don't like the design at all! I did see faint lines in person and I also used an invert tool, which made the lines more obvious. But they're REAL SQUINTERS and you're probably right, it's probably just an indent since all other tests are negative.
I tried to attach one of the pics here, I hope I did it right!

Thanks for talking me through this! It is sooo appreciated!

edited to add: this pic was taken within 10 minutes of test.

Attachments

• 20150819_140353.jpg
    20150819_140353.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 33
i think i can see a line. sorry to interrupt, just didnt want to read and run. But yeh its very faint but i see it. Good luck x

thanks, essjay. makes me feel a bit less crazy.

i didn't get my blood quants today. lab says they won't be ready til monday. bummer. BUT i did take another first response - clearly negative. i compared it to my other two and yeah, the other two definitely had lines, albeit faint.

i'm no doctor, but here's my theory: had a chemical pregnancy that ended over the weekend, no hpt picked it up b/c my hcg never got high enough to be detected by a less sensitive test. my first responses picked up my declining hcg levels. maybe?

the only problem with my theory is, if my hormone levels never got high enough to be detected, WHY did i have all the pregnancy symptoms? i didn't go into this necessarily WANTING to be pregnant, so i dont think my body just made them up. and the other part, why are my boobs huge, sore, and leaking if i don't even have enough hcg to show on a test? i thought hcg was what caused all the pregnancy symptoms?

ugh. more not knowing. i'm okay with not being pregnant. this just doesn't make any sense at all. i'll be calling my gp on monday for an appointment.

thanks for listening, y'all :/

Still following for your update...So sorry you are having to go through such a confusing ordeal!
I agree your hcg seems to be higher than the bare minimum to cause physical preg sympts. I stopped bf son at 1 4 yrs ago, and very rarely i can squeeze out a drop of clear fluid from my nipples, but in no way lactation or enlarged breast or even at a set part of my cycle...yours sounds much more involved.
I really hope the quant. hcg gives some answers, and I really hope not another ectopic for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->