Bright Red Spotting led me to the ER/Suprise!

JleStar

Reaction score
Hello all,
Needless to say I freaked out when I wiped yesterday morning to find bright red blood. I looked in the toilet--blood and maybe a small clot. After waiting a half and hour and wiping again to find more spotting, I called my Dr. who advised me to go directly to the hospital.

As I waited there for hours and hours I felt better knowing that the spotting had lightened up but I still stayed to be assured that all was well with my pregnancy.

I finally had blood work done and an US. As the tech examined me I waited in anticipation---WHAT DO YOU SEE? Lol finally, he asked---"Do twins run in your family?" I was shocked! I said, "Yes my mom was pregnant with fraternal twins but unfortunately lost them." Well, he found the heartbeat to one and NOT the other. Baby A measured at 7W4d. My blood work confirmed those measurements. The other sac they said was a lot smaller and the tech couldnt find a heartbeat even during the transvaginal US. The Dr explained I had a subchorionic haematoma that may have caused the spotting. I was so relieved and excited. The thought of two was so exciting but of course I am extremely happy and feel blessed that one was healthy!

So sorry you lost one baby. Very pleased to read baby A is doing well though :) must be very bitter sweet right now.

What a scare that must have been. I had a subchorionic hematoma with my last baby, and he is now a lively 17 month old. There is a support group on here somewhere that was really informative and helpful.

I'd advise you put your feet up and take it easy until the bleeding stops. So sorry about the second baby. :flower:

thanks ladies for your responses. It was scary but I am relieved that everything is ok. (fingers crossed) We shall see at our next US what the status is of the second sac. If there is nothing by then, then I will definitely give up the hope for that LO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"