Bringing bedtime forward

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
Did your babies do it themselves or did you have to sleep train it?

Reuben goes to bed for the night at 11 and sleeps through til 6.30

Jessica was going to bed the same time as us, so 11/12. She's gradually getting tired earlier, and I'm getting better at picking up her sleepy cues. She normally has a feed after her bath and is now usually in bed by 8. She still wakes at 12, 3, 5, 7 then 9 though!!

Evelyn used to go down around midnight and wake around 8. We started bringing bedtime forward in increments...about a half hour earlier each night. Now she sleeps 7:30pm-7am. But she was 6 months old and we were sleep training her then so it was easy. I wouldn't sleep train at your LO's age but I think you could manage to slowly bring bedtime forward. :thumbup:

From about 12 weeks old we just gave dd her bottle and put her down (she falls alseep on the bottle), then she would wake for another feed at 11, then sleep through until about 5. We had a bedtime routine, and initially just brought it forward as she was oringinally going to bed with us \(about 11.30). So we did bath, story, bottle bed....

Millie has bedtime routine from 7:30pm and asleep by 8:30pm.

I've been noticing this is too late as she's wanting to sleep about 6:30pm so tonight bedtime routine is starting at 6pm with a view to being asleep by 7pm!

Reuben is currently asleep so I'm gonna see how long he sleeps for and see if I can start making a routine out of it. I don't know if I'm ready for him to be upstairs in his bed alone just yet though

We moved Nate's bedtime earlier in half hour incriments, which happened slowly over a few months. We did it based on when he would get tired in the evenings. When he wants to go to bed he gets very cranky and rubs his eyes. We stick very closely to a bedtime routine though. We do bath, bottle, and bed, so Nate knows as soon as he gets out of the bathtub that he's going to bed very soon.

at that age lo was clusterfeeding and I noticed she'd drop off on my lap at about 9 then wake up before 12 and we'd feed her then we'd all go to bed. We implimented a bedtime at about 7.30/8.30, she had a bath then feed then bed at about 10 weeks.
she didn't sleep through or anything like that! but that was the time we put her to bed and she'd sleep for a bit longer.

My earlier bedtime plan failed :haha:
She's just falling asleep now.

Babies just do what they want :p little monkeys!!

This might be relevant or not, but the clocks go back 1 hour at the end of the month so f you are trying to make bed time earlier, then the clock change will definitely help you out a little :) xx

Good idea! Think ill use that to my advantage!!
My ideal aim would be to bath him at about 5.30pm then a bottle and bed aimed for 7pm.

I would rather end up doing a night feed and have longer in the evenings to spend with my fiancé than have him awake all evening and sleep right through. Only takes 20 minutes to change him feed him and he's back in bed anyway.

My daughter goes down around 8 every night and will sleep until 2am and up again for the day by 6 or 7 am. I usually bath her, swaddle her and give her a big bottle right before bed. Also, she listens to classical music until we go to bed. I'm actually lucky because its as if she really enjoys bed time! Have you tried to play some music?

With my ds i used to put him to bed around 7/8 and then dreamfeed when we went to bed at 10/11. Worked well for us

I have a nursery rhyme app on my phone and we sing to twinkle twinkle. He loves that song I sang it to him when I was pregnant so he was obviously listening lol

I managed to get him into bed an hour earlier than usual yesterday so I'm gonna try and bring it forward by half hour or so over a few weeks x

We have gradually moved bed time forward from 11pm to 8pm (with the bath routine starting from about 7pm), we have moved it forward with the sun going down earlier, so hoping by next summer he will be in a routine of going to bed by 7pm & the sunlight won't be an issue ( we use a blackout blind from mothercare too). Flynn starts getting grumpy & tired around about 6:30pm every night, so is ready for bed by 7-8pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->