Bringing future grandparents to 20 week scan?

bananaz

Reaction score
I brought OH to my 12 week NT scan but he was obnoxious and unsupportive, so for my 20 week anomaly/sexing scan I am thinking about inviting one or both of my parents since they live just a couple hours away and I know they would love to go.

However, I'm wondering if it would be weird or awkward for a grown woman to bring her parents to an ultrasound? Has anyone else done it?

I had my MIL there:). I think it is good to get then involved:).

I took my parents to our private gender scan. They loved it and it is so different for them from what they got when they were having us x x

I'm 40 years old and took both my parents to my last scan......it's a exciting event! Your parent(s) would love it!

Its definitely common for people to bring their parents!!! Its nothing to worry about!

My grandma was at both of my Ultrasounds and both of my parents were at the first one.

My mom goes to every single ultrasound ha ha
Usually its me, my husband, mom, and best friend that go. It's not weird at all, its her grandbaby :)

My dad had to come with me when I had an emergency U/S done as DH was at work. He said it was the most amazing experienc in his life! Baby P was only 11wks old and kicking and moving. My dad said it was just so clear and he loved seeing Baby P moving so much.

My dad says it brings tears to his eyes when he tells people. It's so great to have family that feels so excited like me!!

Definately do it! It makes your experience even better too :)

No way :) I bring my mother to every ultrasound and brought my dad to my gender scan. It was amazing and they both really enjoy it!

DH and I will do our routine 18 week ultrasound together (we have not had one yet) and they only allow 1 adult in the room with me.

We're having a private 3D gender scan done and will be inviting my mum and his mom so they can be part of it too, as they didn't get to be involved in any of this stuff with any of their other grandkids

Thanks so much for all the responses. I'm definitely going to ask my parents! :) They're going to be thrilled I'm sure.

I brought my mom and sister to my second dating ultrasound since my OH had to work. They both absolutely enjoyed it and it was in no way awkward.

If my parents lived nearby, I'd have them there in a heartbeat! We're doing an ultrasound this weekend and they will get to watch it online as it's happening, but it's still not the same thing. I may schedule my 20-week for when they visit around Christmas (even if that ends up being closer to 22 weeks), just so they can be there!

I'm getting a private ultrasound to determine the sex at week 16, and I invited my parents, brothers, and their SOs. I wasn't sure if that was weird or not, but I also don't care because I'm excited, and they are too. :) It's the first baby in our family!

If my parents were nearby for my scan I would have invited them. OH ended up going with me. He was so excited to see the baby. He asked if we can see the baby again. :) (I had asked FOB if he wanted to go before that also, but he didn't, so I invited OH.) Invite whoever you would like. :)

It's our first and I invited both my Mom and MIL to our 20 week scan. I know it meant a lot for them to be there and it was a great experience for us - so fun!

With DD my mum and a good friend of mine came as DH couldn't make it. But this time it was only DH and me as the hospital only allowed 1 other person in the room. I think it is such an amazing scan that it is lovely to share it. :)

my mum has come to both my scans and is the main priority for me coz she knows my health and me better than anyone so i always want her there to help answer any questions and also coz she has been through labour so i trust her to help me!

She is also the main one for me when i give birth coz no one else in the world would know how to calm me down!
It is not sad to have ur parents there, i would want to be involved when my children have babies!

i had my mam and boyfriend at my 8+5 scan and may mam, mother in law and boyfriend at my 12+6! for my 20week scan i plan on having my boyfriend, mam, dad and 1 of his parents their! they dont all have to come in the room at the same time but the experience is as amazing for them as it is for us and its lovely to share it with them! xx

Not at all :) do it! My mum came with me to my 12 week one (she begged haha)

<3 you'll want someone all excited and supportive with you.. sorry your OH is lacking that at the mioment xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->