bringing on AF...

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by crystalnjimmy, Jan 26, 2011.

1. crystalnjimmy

crystalnjimmy Hypothyroid/Metform/TTC#1

ok so I am on CD 92 I think. I am just wondering if anyone knows of any natural ways to bring on AF? I know I have to lose weight & that will help but I am wondering if there are any other ways. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ladies & baby dust to all!!
    Celebrating our 2 year anniversary today!!!

2. katertots

katertots Well-Known Member

I hate to tell you this bc progesterone pills the dr gave me, made me an emotional wreck. Try progesterone cream, u can get it at a local natural alternitive store :)

3. crystalnjimmy

thank you. I'm not sure if we have one around here lol but I will look :)

4. katertots

Maybe check online :)

5. crystalnjimmy

another question about this. If I was to try the progesterone pills, will I ovulate or is it similar to being on BC? Ya know, you start & are regular but you DONT ovulate... thanks

6. katertots

I dont have an exact answer for this question but you can ask your doctor that. I know that it made me emotional x 10, kinda pushy, and then after 3 pills, I started. You will be able to tell some things, not sure if its what your wanting to know, by your body after your AF. If you produce more CM like I did, and ovulation was painful, then you know you ovulated. I would recommend using OPK test between days 7-14. I tested two times a day, once at 12pm and once at 7pm. One day it was positive at 12pm, but negative at 7pm. So its real important that until you get to know your cycle, if you are ttc, that you know when you O. :D

7. katertots

Also about the OPK, if you dont get a positive after CD14, I would recommend to keep testing twice a day until you do get a positive. If you NEVER get a positive the whole month, and didnt have ANY symptoms, then you might not have O.

Also I used two different kind of test when I got a positive on that day. I tested with a cheapy and when the line was hard to read, I took a Clear Blue Easy OPK with the happy face or blank face. Thats what I like to call, confirmation :)

8. katertots

Also, I didnt take the pills the whole cycle, I was told only to take them until I started.

9. crystalnjimmy

thanks for the info. :) it has been very helpful. I am going to look for some of this!! good luck to you

10. katertots

Your welcome sweetie. Let us know how it goes :) If you need to talk anytime, I am here.
    Baby Dust to you!

11. Tmwnvegas

Tmwnvegas Active Member

Progesterone did not work for me unfortantley for me. But this is rare. It should work for you. My doctor made me wait 6 months without a period before he tried to induce AF with the progesterone. I did it twice and nothing. It's been 10 months now without a period. AHHHHH!!!

However, the progesterone should jumpstart your period. Hopefully after a round, sometimes two, you should start having periods on your own. You may or may not ovulate. This too make take some time. From what I've read, it's normal to not a get a period for up to 3 months after stopping the pill, but could take up to 6 months. After 6 months, you should consult a doctor. A little heads up, the progesterone kind of sucks. I felt extremely exhausted on it the entire time. I always felt like I was in a daze, no matter how much sleep I got. And be sure to take it bed time, because it makes you drowsy.

Hope this gives you a little help.

12. Tmwnvegas

Tmwnvegas Active Member

Oh, and natural ways if you don't want to try progesterone right away. I've read that evening primrose can help. Also, vitex is over the counter and is suppose to help too. Sometimes it's called chasteberry, I believe.

13. osubuckeye

osubuckeye TTC #1

I think the progesterone pills are like bc pills, they don't have anything to do with ovulation. Most people take the progesterone pills then follow them with clomid to help with ovulation.