Bringing up feed ...

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by Wobbles, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Ok it happens after a feed where lil one will bring up a bit of feed in wind etc but what about after bubs has lay down?

Started feeding her around 8.30 now near 10 so shes been lay down an hour and I heard her gargling for a second ... looked round and shes bringing up a bit of milk - ok not loads but not a little dribble either! Its kind of scarey - what if I was asleep? Can't be just Caitlin surely but do they instantly react to this and tilt their lil heads.

:|

Sorry if that sounds dumb!

2. sweetsammi

sweetsammi 1st time mummy and WTT

Glad u asked wobbles, i was wondering the same thing!! Anyone? x

3. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

the only times rhys has done it has been since he can tilt his head, so i cant answer you. rhys used to bring up feed whilst winding which was fine coz he was upright

4. mickey

mickey Well-Known Member

they say you always should burp them after a feed.

mine isn't always burping though :baby:

5. MrsE

MrsE Well-Known Member

Babies should instictively turn their heads to the side to be sick, so try not to worry :hugs:

Thomas was always a sickly baby, when he was tiny I'd be changing his bedding a couple of times a day. Every morning there would be sick on his sheets.
    He always has a good wind and a few burps but he was still sick, my gp was reluctant to prescribe anything and said it can happen with some babies.

Thats why he practically lived in sleepsuits and babygro's instead of proper baby clothes, as I'd be changing him 3-4 times a day.

Now that he has 3 meals a day plus milk, he's very rarely sick, only if he's active too soon after eating.

Cx

6. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

Yep maybe she's still got some wind in her Wobbles?

Mickey - bfed babies generally aren't as windy as formula fed babies so don't worry if your baby doesn't bring much wind up

7. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

She doesn't bring UP much wind more down wind :lol: But shes burped in the middle and the end of feeds. :D

Thanks MrsE thats reassuring. x

8. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

was going to say the same, all 3 of mine were very sicky babies, i was contantly changing them and there bedding. now and again i wouldf have to pick them up to get the milk out of there mouths but 9 tiems out of 10 they cleared it out themselfs

x

9. Tam

Tam Mum of 2 - PG with No.3

Babies will instinctively turn their heads when being sick......although it is still worrying :hugs:x