Broadcasted on facebook.. oh no!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by saffy1978, Aug 22, 2009.

1. saffy1978

saffy1978 Mummy to 5!

Oh no, Oh no, Oh no! .. I've did the most stupidest thing yesterday and I'm so angry with myself!!!!
    I joined a facebook group for babies due in April. I had my privacy settings set so no one could see what groups I joined or posted on, on my wall. Buttttttttttttt, I forgot that it comes up on my main page in my list of groups!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh... anyway, my OH just phoned me from work and said that his workmate just walked in and said 'so you're having a baby then, due in April!'.
    I haven't even told my family yet and now all his friends know!!! Also my dad and brother are on my contacts in facebook and I don't know if they've seen it yet! Crap!!!! What am I gonna do????
    I've took myself off that group now and just hope that no one else has seen it!
    How stupid can I be! I'm so angry with myself, and my OH's mate who's clearly broadcasting it to everyone. But I have no argument really have I? It's my own fault for joining the group. Oh bugger bugger bugger. :(

2. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

It would've come out eventually! Don't be too hard on yourself x

3. thesmiths88

thesmiths88 Well-Known Member

Oh no how frustrating! I'm buying a few things from ebay and have to make sure I'm using our other ID in case people we know look up what we've bought lately!

4. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

what toria said! your family will understand!xx

5. saffy1978

saffy1978 Mummy to 5!

Do you think I should just tell everyone or keep quiet and hope no one else has seen it? We haven't told my parents yet. Or even my other children!! I'm only 5 weeks. We were gonna wait till after the scan. I had a miscarriage some years ago, and it really affected my eldest daughter at the time as she blamed herself (she thought it was because she'd been naughty?. I don't wanna put her thro that again! :(

6. mummypeanut

mummypeanut baby due march 10th

wait and see....most people will respect that if you havent directly told them its not thier buisiness to ask. Plus maybe ur hubby could have a word with his work mate and ask him not to be such a blabber mouth!

I completely sympathise - just remember that statistically its more likely that everuthing is going to be fine with the baby than something go wrong. xx

Chin up

7. saffy1978

saffy1978 Mummy to 5!

Thank you :hugs: You're right.. if I havent' actually told anyone then it isn't their business. I've calmed down a bit now. I'll have to be a bit more careful in the future.
    Thank you ladies. :)

8. ginger91

ginger91 STILL ttc after mmc

Oh dear, poor you. Isn't it so difficult not to slip in some way? This has given me a bit of a warning as it's usually me who this happens to!! Hope everything works out ok whatever you decide to do!! :dohh:

9. MarieGx

MarieGx Proud Mum of One :D<3

I really wouldn't be hard on yourself hun, i can understand you wanting it to be private.
    But i'm sure your family will be fine, and your daughter is older now surely she will understand it's not her fault if something happens, touch wood that it doesn't. I keep opening my mouth all the time about my pregnancy and i know i should keep a bit more quiet, but you cant help being happy can you.

10. Sazzoire

Sazzoire Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about not wanting to tell anyone yet, following a mc.... last time I was pregnant, I told the world! I just couldn't keep my big news in... I was practically bursting... :dohh: this time I have learnt abit more control as it was truely awful telling everyone that it hadn't worked out...

I'm sure your nearest and dearest will understand why you hadn't told them quite yet... and definetaly tell your hubby to get the other guy to keep his mouth shut...

Good luck!

11. saffy1978

saffy1978 Mummy to 5!

yes my daughter is 13 now so I'm sure she would understand. x
    Well.. I've talked to OH again. He's had a word with Mr Blabbermouth, and he said he'll keep his gob shut. (or I'll shut if for him I think!).
    Also we've decided to tell our parents in case it leaks out even further and they hear the news secondhand.
    I've called my mum and she's over the moon. Phew! ... my dad lives in Malta, so I'll email him shortly. Sooooooooooo... onto the in laws. Eeek!! We're going round to see them this afternoon when OH finishes work. Not sure how MIL will take it as I've only met her a handful of times since meeting my OH last year. This baby will be her only son's first child so fingers crossed she'll be happy! OMG I feel sick with nerves!! :sick:

12. amazed

amazed Mummy of 4 <3

Oh gosh thats something i would do.... hopefully no one else sees it hun try not to worry though x

13. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

More proof that facebook is evil!:haha:

14. kristen77

kristen77 Well-Known Member

15. loopy_lou

loopy_lou Well-Known Member

blame pregnancy brain
    get on the phone or go see them tomorrow :)

Believe me in 6 months its going to be long gone and forgotten!

hugs

16. MarieGx

MarieGx Proud Mum of One :D<3

I hope that all goes well hun :) , yeah it was scary telling my parents especially because i thought they were going to over react but OH parents took it fine.

17. minichicky

minichicky mummy to isaac

ekk thats the sort of thing I would do as well! Especially as I have quite tight settings and would have thought private meant private!!!
    can I just say something else? If you are so worried about people finding out is it such a good idea to have your picture on your avatar of a public forum? If you have any friends that are TTC are have recently had babies etc you never know, they could use this forum as well? Just a thought ........

18. saffy1978

saffy1978 Mummy to 5!

Ahhhh.. never thought about that either. Geez, these hormones are really turning me into a compete dofuss!