broken body?

aimee-lou

Totally Outnumbered!!
Reaction score
How long before this feeling goes away?

Earl is 8 weeks old on Monday - it's flown by but I sort of thought I'd be on track to feel 'normal' by now. My hubby keeps reminding me that it took 9 months for my body to adjust as he grew and he was a big boy and I'm only small, so he must have made an impact, but my bod is normally quite good at healing up. I still feel like I can't eat a big meal - I can't eat anything rich at all. If I eat anything bigger than a jacket potatoe I get cramps and aches in my ribs so to me that would say that my stomach is still up near my ribcage instead of being lower where it used to be. I haven't had a period yet but I get period pains every other day (I'm back on the pill now, have been for a week as i got impatient) My knees and ankles are still aching from the labour, especially if I stand for more that 10 minutes in the same place (I also still have what feels like bruising on one of my knees from the time I spent in the birthing pool nad banged my knee in one particularly big contraction.

I feel fine in myself, and my BP etc were and still are fine. Earl is great and he doesn't keep me up too much so I get enough rest (at least 6 hours sleep a night! :happydance:) and we got for a walk most days with the dog so I've been getting my exercises (I did and still do my postnatal ones too). I've managed to avoid PND and my hubby is great. I eat well most of the time (apart from portion sizes and rich foods as above) but I just don't feel right at all. (oh and my 'motions' are fine too, especally now I'm off the iron tablets (have been for a month).

Can I expect it to just gradually get better or am I going to be left with these 'reminders' forever and a day. They don't cause me any real pain, just make me uncomfortable, espeically the aches and pains in my legs and ribs. Thanks in advance ladies and feel free to tell me off for moaning lol....I suspect it's all 'normal' but I'm abit fed up lol.

Hey Aimee, sorry, I have no answer but :hugs: I didnt' want to read and run.

Except for the eating part, I am exactly the same way. I had a c-section, but I have issues with my legs too. If I stand too long in one spot or even if I walk for too long I get sore legs. To be honest I feel like a 90 year old woman at times. And by the afternoon (3pm or so) I am just so tired all I want to do is sleep. I sure hope in time I start to feel "Normal" again. I do understand how you feel.

my body hasnt felt normal since before i got pregnant, after uve had a baby ur body changes so much so u have to get used to a whole new body.

the pill causes me to have lots of problems with my periods so u might find it does the same to u.

i cant say why ur body still aches from labour maybe this is more psycological then anything

i still got bad cramps up until zane was 3 months at one point i had what felt like a contraction i was in so much pain n zane laughed at me lol u

u will fell better in time as ur oh said it took 9 months for u to grow ur baby and labour is not a easy thing to get thru so ur body does need time to adjust.

i still get sharpe pains n have to cross my legs when ever i think about labour i just think im nuts lol

it does go hun....all of oa sudden you will realise you havent felt thos pains/pulls for a while :hugs: honest it does get better :hugs:

I was the same and agree that I don't feel normal even now. I also had the bad stomach, I assumed from the rearranging of all my guts, and even now I usually get very ill the day before my period. I have a dodgy gallbladder anyway so am used to feeling a bit dicky quite often but for weeks after the birth I felt horrendous, like I wouldn't ever be able to eat anything. I ached a lot. I ached in different places for probably about 6 months, some from the trauma and some from BF and carrying. At about 8 months there was a significant change for the better. It helped finishing BF at 8 months too, even if that was only psychological. It does get better but I have a lot of things left over too that continue to bother me. Maybe in another year some of those will have passed too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->