Bronzing powder on cream carpet!

kaylynn040485

Mummy to two girls
Reaction score
So as the title says ive dropped a tub of bronzing powder onto a cream carpet while fumbling in the dark going to bed last night. Only noticed this morning and dont want to even try to clean it incase i make it worse. Anyone have any ideas on how to remove it? It was one of those block bronzers but had broken up so its not loads but there is enough small bits that cant be picked up and dont want to just try rubbing it coz just know its gonni smudge everywhere! HELP!

Kx

Your can get a vanish spray for carpets :shrug: its for stains .. could try that

I would prob try hot water and washing powder first if that dont get it out then a carpet cleaner like vanish or something x

Have you got a handheld hoover (dustbuster etc)? I'd hover that above it, close enough to pick it up but dont touch it (incase you rub it in).

Then try sellotape gently, to pick up the smaller pieces. Hopefully that should get up the worst of it?

I'd be wary of using any liquid on it initially just incase it spreads it!

This happened to me before - I used a small amout of white spirt on a white cloth and gently dab, defo don't rub. Just have to keep doing it until it comes up. Once one part of the cloth has bronzer on, start to use another bit of clean cloth with white spirit.

Think it was kim & aggie where I saw it and thought 'oooh, i'll try that in my bathroom'

Good Luck

xx

Well ive just done the sellotape and its picked up a good bit of it but still got some there so gonni wait till OH comes in from work before i try any liquids on it. Thanks for all the advice girls. Kx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->