Broody but Anxious

xclairx

Reaction score
Hi,

Me and my partner are very happy been together nearly 4 years (known each other longer), have our own place & have not long got engaged :cloud9: We are going to book our wedding soon for summer 2012 & then my OH is keen to start TTC which i am also, but I suffer from a really bad phobia of childbirth & also being hevily pergnant knowing the big bump needs to come out of me :cry: It really scares me!
I suffer with Anxiety anyway quite bad & am scared i wont be able to cope during labour & also how my anxiety will effect the baby. Im really fedup of this feeling as this is the most exciting time of my life, im about 2 plan my wedding to the man that i love & then try 4 a family, because i do want a baby, but this dreaded fear of childbirth is taking over :cry:
It would be great to talk to someone who suffers with this, if ur WTT, TTC or even if u felt like this & now your a mom, be great to hear from u so i know im not alone.

Hey there! Congrats on the upcoming wedding! Just remember to be calm and don't worry about the little stuff with the wedding planning - the little stuff is what stresses you out and later they don't mean anything! I know from experience. :)

As for anxiety about childbirth, maybe it would help if you read up on pregnancy and childbirth a little? My sister, who is a midwife, tell her clients who are scared or anxious about childbirth (natural birth no less!) that this is what there body is DESIGNED to do! Your body is meant to carry and baby and meant to give birth. My sis says that when there clients work on relaxation techniques it makes there birthing process far less painful and scary. It's a matter of allowing your body to do its job! I hope that helps...:flower:

ok, I have anxiety about throwing up. I have panic attacks anytime I get a stomach ache. But I still got pregnant! I went through my whole pregnancy with out throwing up once! I was calm as can be. It is amazing how your "mommy insticts" can kick in. Childbirth was a breeze. Went in, got an epidural and was able to deliver my daughter with out any problems or pain.

I agree with the comment about stressing about wedding plans. I have been married 5months and miss my planning!! i stressed about stupid things like...favors! and to be honest i didnt even think about them on the day.

There will be plenty of support for you when you are pregnant, from your husband, and also from your midwives! Explain your phobia and i bet you will handle it brilliantly!!!!!!

hi ya , sorry to see your are worrying , i know , a fear is a fear and what we say prob wont make much diffence but really wanted to say to u that child birth is not that bad hun honest , like the ladys said if you learn to relax it can be really easy , i done it with no pain relieve wat so ever with second and ya know wat is was fine :)
as for being pregnant i may be wrong but i thik once you are pregnant you will start to love your growing bump and wen you go to your scans n stuff and see baba in there , you may just start to feel better , maybe start some yoga now , and learn some relaxing tips for pregnancy xx

ok, I have anxiety about throwing up. I have panic attacks anytime I get a stomach ache. But I still got pregnant! I went through my whole pregnancy with out throwing up once! I was calm as can be. It is amazing how your "mommy insticts" can kick in. Childbirth was a breeze. Went in, got an epidural and was able to deliver my daughter with out any problems or pain.

That is so me too

I suffer with anxiety too and i admit it worries me too, have u spoken to ur doc about the anxiety? i think once u did get a :bfp: u could speak with the MW and healthworkers about the anxiety im sure they will put ur mind at ease. The way i look at it is....Millions of women have been pregnant and given birth before me and millions will after me, it might be scary and painful but it will be soooo worth it when u have that little miracle in ur arms :) x

Hi Clair,

Good luck with your wedding.

I suffer from anxiety too. I'm currently on medication and having CBT.

There is a lovely support group on here for anxiety. https://www.babyandbump.com/general/494790-anixety-panic-attacks-depression-surpport-group.html

Hey there. I have extremely bad anxiety too. Especially about something going terribly wrong during pregnancy, and labor. But I have been going to therapy for a few years (I suffered from depression) and my therapist had me try all these different things, like writing (I love to write). Nothing seemed to work, and now she has me doing breathing exercises and meditation. I find that really helps for me. Maybe when you feel the panic rising, you can try deep breathing? Sometimes it helps me to even just run water on my hands and concentrate on the feeling of the water.

I also hear about taking in four quick deep breaths and holding them, then letting them go. Also putting pressure on your chest (like having someone give you a tight hug) is supposed to help.

I hope one or some of those helps. Always talk to someone about your feelings, sometimes just letting it out can help a bit. Congratulations on the wedding by the way :flower:

Hi Clair,

Good luck with your wedding.

I suffer from anxiety too. I'm currently on medication and having CBT.

There is a lovely support group on here for anxiety. https://www.babyandbump.com/general/494790-anixety-panic-attacks-depression-surpport-group.html

is alot of support in there :thumbup:

Wow Thank you all so much for your replys. I really hope that once im pregnant my 'mommy instincts' take over, & i find a way to get through childbirth. Has anyone used Hypnobirthing?? Ive seen it mentioned a few times but dont know much about it or if it even works?? It makes me anxious just thinking about it :( but i definatley want a little baby once im married.

Also Thanks 4 the wedding advice guys, Going to book the date for May 2012 this Valentines day woo hoo xx

ok, I have anxiety about throwing up.

This is one of my biggest worries about getting pregnant and having a baby. I seem to have a phobia of being sick. I know no-one particularly enjoys it, but if I feel ill, I will do anything not to actually be sick. And if I see or hear anyone else being sick, or even looking a bit queasy, I get light-headed and feel sick too. I am therefore worried about morning sickness and looking after an ill child.

One thing that has reassured me slightly is that I'm ok when my friend's baby is sick, so maybe I'd get used to it.

This is one of my biggest worries about getting pregnant and having a baby. I seem to have a phobia of being sick. I know no-one particularly enjoys it, but if I feel ill, I will do anything not to actually be sick. And if I see or hear anyone else being sick, or even looking a bit queasy, I get light-headed and feel sick too. I am therefore worried about morning sickness and looking after an ill child.

One thing that has reassured me slightly is that I'm ok when my friend's baby is sick, so maybe I'd get used to it.

im exactly the same, i go into a panic about feeling sick and pray im not sick, hearing or seeing someone throw up turns me sick too

im exactly the same, i go into a panic about feeling sick and pray im not sick, hearing or seeing someone throw up turns me sick too

I'm really bad with sick. I got Hypermesis until I was 20 weeks when I was pregnant but I managed to get through it. (I think I got used to being sick)

My daughter has been sick, as long as I remember to hold my breath I don't retch. I think I'm so focused on her I forget my phobia.

that sounds nice that u dont want to pass it on, friends of mine have told me they got used to being sick too

:cry: OK....So i thought i was getting calmer then i was watching one born every minute & it totally freaked me out!! I actually had a panic attack it was horrible & scary, is it actually that bad?? so scary! Also what are your opinions on Epidurals, do they work as good as they say they will?? :shrug:

:cry: OK....So i thought i was getting calmer then i was watching one born every minute & it totally freaked me out!! I actually had a panic attack it was horrible & scary, is it actually that bad?? so scary! Also what are your opinions on Epidurals, do they work as good as they say they will?? :shrug:

It can be pretty bad, but the moment you hold that baby in your arms.....bliss. Epidurals work most of the time. I have a very large spinal fusion(8 vertibre), and I had an effective epidural, and an effective spinal. Don't worry-it's pain with a purpose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->