Brooke has colic i think :(

navarababe

Mummy To Brooke :-)
Reaction score
:cry: ive had the most worst night ever. I think brooke has mixture of colic and constipation, shes been up since 8pm and everytime i lay her flat in moses basket she'll scream the place down. Ive been in tears cause shes in pain etc. Shes now in her bouncy chair sleeping, as it seems to help when shes propped up, but i dunno if i can leave her in it over night :cry:

Have you tried Infacol? May help with the pain she's having, poor little mite.
:hug: Hope things get better for you both soon!
xxx

nope havent tried tht yet, will write it down and get it 2moro, i take it, its available to buy most places? Ive just finished feeding her and thankfully shes settled in her own moses basket instead of the bouncy chair. Ive just read up about colic and its more comon in the evening, well she was howling from 8pm till about 1.30am so i think it must be that. And shes only crying when shes lay flat. shes crying that hard her wee face goes red :(

Yes, sold at chemists and supermarkets - should be easy to find. :hugs: Glad she's settled for now.
x

Aww is this the fist time she's been this way? Don't get yourself down, it might just be a bad night for her :hugs:

Elyse does that with her bouncy chair too. Sometimes I can't get her to sleep without putting her in there and putting it on vibrate. Then if I turn off the vibration setting she usually wakes up and if I pick her up to put her down in her crib she almost always wakes up. (Honestly it's become a bit of a bad habit for both of us using the chair.. that and swaddling calmed her best but it's now too hot to swaddle here!)

TBH I think Elyse seems fussier than most babies (she's 6 weeks old) but I'm not entirely convinced it's colic yet...

LeeAnne is very much the same way! She will scream and scream but shes ok in her bouncy chair (until she gets bored!) because shes propped up, so we put some books under her mattress so shes elevated and it has done wonders!! She finally sleeps at night, almost through the night now, and seems very content when we put her down whereas before she would scream and grunt and make these god aweful moaning noises!

We're using Infacol, not doing alot.. Also another one to try is Colief more expensive and over the counter but has good reviews, just waiting on next feed to try it.

We had Colief which was great and Dr Brown bottles if your bottle feeding which also helped

infacol works a treat lana!!
got rid of emily's constipation
in a matter of days!!
and it smells good lol

:happydance::happydance:

xx​

Like i said in another thread hun when babies are so young their digestive system is in overdrive ... it hasnt has to process anything before.

Brooke was very windy to begin with and it just eased off one day.

Try some infacol or something for a while, i'd try not to worry i think most babies are like it to begin with

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->