Brown blood a few days before period supposed to start?

pvjz

Reaction score
Hi :) Love this place, used this for support for you awesome ladies when I was TTC my son Jack. Coming back because hub and I TTC #2 :)

TTC for a few months, off the pill from about July. TTC since I would say...... July?
Regular, on time periods since off the pill.
Last month in Sept, two days before project PD I start to have brown spotting at night, think "oh well, no problem." Continues without much need for tampon for about 4 days, all brown "blood" with one spot of light red blood one wipe. Never has happened in all years of having my period like that, with the brown blood continuing through the duration of my period. Always red, always cramping, always bloating.
Took a test Wed Oct 14 which was "cycle day 12" if that was considered a true period.
Mood swings today, very irritable toward husband just speaking :rofl: (happened just now) and today feels like a day that could make me cry no matter what.

Caused false alarms last few months saying "this is the month" with no avail. I haven't tested since the "not pregnant" test that was 7 days after this period/implantation bleeding. Can any share stories? How many days past implantation bleeding (if this is a sign of it) did you either test BFP -- or can anyone provide some personal stories of WHAT this could be? Thank you! :kiss:

Hi hun.. I don't have any stories to share about similar situation but brown blood is considered 'old blood'. From what I have read is you'd usually get a positive results if it was implant bleed from 3 days after.

If it was me I would test again just to see what answer it was. If it was neg if you don't feel too worried about just wait until your next expected period or have a chat with your doc =)
It could also be that you didn't actually ovulate that cycle so instead of a real period you had that brown blood bleed.

Hope you get a lovely bfp though =)

I tended to get my first BFP about 2-3 days after IB. I do however have higher than average hormone levels (found out from blood I had drawn while pregnant) so it could take a few days longer than that if you have lower levels.

Hey - so brown blood/dark brown could be many things. From IB to miscarriage.

During my early miscarriage (missed miscarriage) I spotted brown mucus and then full out bleed - natural miscarriage.

Today I am 12dpo (according to me) 13dpo according to FF
I got super squinter positive on 8dpo and 10dpo (9dpo/11dpo FF)

Well, cramps galore ... but I can tell you what... I had a bowel movement (TMI)
and when I wiped I got SUPER DARK discharge. Blood but brown - but not Poopy brown ... like Ikea tables chocolate brown almost looking black.

Since i don't have any HPTs I am not taking a test until ... I go in for my Beta test on Thursday.

I will have you know that in ALL my pregnancies except for my youngest daughter I have had IB. I got something I thought was a period with black/brown chalky discharge. Not mucous that is brown (that is AF and or miscarriage) Proper sticky sludge ... that is IB - usually people with multiples or a long time between pregnancies get it -- and you see IB a few days after implantation .. that is why it is brown because it is old blood.

Good luck! Sticky bean for all of us with all the baby dust on top!!!

I tested a few times and no go- but now I think I have gotten a very faint BPF the cycle after. Took a test, thought I was out, looked again a few minutes later and the finest line. Could see a line when held to the light- we compared it to the non-peed on test and no "lines" in that one. Peed on the "pregnant or not" tests tonight and said no. Took another line or no line of a different brand and there was the faint line again! Baby dust to all :thumbup::thumbup:

I tested a few times and no go- but now I think I have gotten a very faint BPF the cycle after. Took a test, thought I was out, looked again a few minutes later and the finest line. Could see a line when held to the light- we compared it to the non-peed on test and no "lines" in that one. Peed on the "pregnant or not" tests tonight and said no. Took another line or no line of a different brand and there was the faint line again! Baby dust to all :thumbup::thumbup:

any update?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->