Brown blood

linz85

Reaction score
I’ve just been to the loo for a wee and noticed some blood in my knickers. Looks brown and when I wiped it was brown. I’m 7+5 and my sickness has eased today which I’m now worried is a bad sign? I’ve rang the EPAU but have to wait till Friday till they can see me but I have my midwife appointment tomorrow at 1pm. Anyone else had this and been ok?! I wasn’t to worried when I first saw it but now I’ve had time to think I’m shitting bricks! :nope:

Hmm did you have sex recently? I know sex can irritate the cervix. Brown blood means it is old blood. Are you cramping at all? Fingers crossed for you!

I've heard that brown blood can be a good sing since it means it's old blood. I've also seen a lot of women spot a little during first tri especially. Hoping everything is ok for you :hugs:.

I had pink spotting on 2 seperate occasions. First time was at A+E as I was there because I had such bad backache and cramps. It’s very scary so can relate to how your feeling. I Never had any spotting with my son. I had an early scan last week which I seen a heartbeat and measured me at 6 weeks and not the 8 weeks I thought I was. Also discovered I have a huge cyst which could be the cause of my spotting. I’m back on Friday for another scan to check babys growing and I have never been so scared and anxious and the wait is killing me. I was told by the EPU that spotting pink/brown is very common in early pregnancy and doesn’t always mean the worst. Do you have cramping? Has it stopped now? Hope everything is ok for you x

Brown blood is old blood and can be completely normal hun :)
Code:

Brown is generally old, though its not nice to see, generally its nothing to worry about x

Thanks all for the replies. I haven’t had any cramps that I’m
Aware of, no aches or pains and my morning sickness has kicked back in this afternoon which has reassured me a little, I daren’t go to the loo to check but I guess I’ll have to sooner or later xxx

Hmm did you have sex recently? I know sex can irritate the cervix. Brown blood means it is old blood. Are you cramping at all? Fingers crossed for you!

Yes not last night but the night before and you know tmi when it goes too far in and it can feel too uncomfortable? I had that so maybe that’s what it was? X

I bet that is what it is :) The cervix can get irritated and may have bled. No TMI here :) We are all gonna deal with some fun stuff being pregnant haha! Mine as well get comfy with each other!

I bled for four months with my son on and off
3 days of bleeding just under six weeks. A streak of blood at 9 weeks. Then I had a two week bleed from - 14-16 weeks. Hes now 8 months old. The Dr told me brown is old. I think it was actually my cervix causing the bleeds as I had a private scan twice and the baby was fine. I found out at 14 week scan whilst bleeding he was a boy. Was a scary time but in my case it was a happy ending xx

I&#8217;ve spotted through out this pregnancy and we are still going strong <3 try to stay calm tho I know it&#8217;s easier said than done ... I&#8217;ve been on pelvic rest the last month and a half

Thanks ladies. I do a lot of walking and TRX and I&#8217;m wondering if I&#8217;m
Overdoing it now I&#8217;m pregnant and maybethats causing some issues? Got my booking appt today so will see what My assigned midwife has to say xx

No more blood though so I&#8217;m
Hoping that&#8217;s the end of it all xxx

Bah after writing this I had some more when I wiped at about 8:30 but nothing else since that. Hopefully it stays away xx

A few weeks ago I had quite a bit of red blood. I could wipe a few times with a lot of blood and the toilet bowl was RED!! Really had me worried... I also had a lot of browny discharge/blood on and off for about two weeks so was sent for a scan at 8 weeks and everything was fine! Could see the heartbeat and baby was growing perfectly! I’d just speak to someone ASAP, even for reassurance. I’m sure everything is fine! Xxx

Been in to the early pregnancy assessment unit today and she scanned me straight away, baby is fine and measuring between 7/8 weeks which is bang on! Sooooo happy I could cry! Thanks for all your kind words and support xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->