brown bread???? RANT !!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by kazb25, Feb 1, 2011.

1. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

my midwife told me to eat only brown bread from now on as i dont eat red meat but i hate brown bread, sigh

2. scuffer

scuffer Mum to 3 lovely boys!

It's a shame you hate it, I love it much more than white. Could you try some really good wholemeal from a bakery with seeds and things in it? You may get the taste. Or if you really can't that Best of Both stuff should give you some of the things you need. There are probably other things you could eat to get what you need.

3. Ember

Ember Pregnant - 3rd Trimester

I've found honey wheat isn't so bad, but really I find it nearly impossible to tolerate anything but white bread. There are plenty of other things you can eat. I am vegetarian and I am not lacking anything. Though lately I've been eating more ciabatta rolls, bagels, and scallion rolls, no regular sliced bread. I've been craving PBJ lately though so I will probably start eating more white bread again soon. Don't let your mw push you into eating something you don't like. There is no reason for her to make you feel pressured into doing anything you find unpleasant.

4. gypsymom

gypsymom Well-Known Member

Is there a reason why she said only brown bread? And i agree with a PP the only brown bread I like is honey whole wheat, it's so good toasted with butter.