brown discharge at 5wks 5 days

juliespencer9

Reaction score
hi, im 5wks 5 days preg.
it started today, having light brown discharge when i wipe, this is what happened in aug when i had a m/c and then it went on to be full blood clots.
please dont say brown blood is old blood:blush:

at the mo its just brown, i rang dr who said theres no point in going for a scan as im so early preg they wont be able to tell anything, i am due to have an early scan in aprox one week just waiting for the letter to come with the date to go.
I suppose il have to take it easy and see what happenes.

has anyone else had this and all turned out fine?
just looking for reasurance i guess.
thanks

julie:baby:

Aww hun ive know idea but im sending hugs.....i hope and pray that everything will be ok for you xxxxx

I can't give you any reassurance but am thinking of you and hoping you will be ok :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

good luck hun... will be a horrible wait, but try to relax as much as you can. (i know :dohh:) :hugs:

Okay, not to ask TMI...but is it a lot of spotting? Or just a little?
Could it be just implantation bleeding? I think you'll know more if it lasts a couple days.
How are you feeling otherwise?

Thinking of you,

Hi,

We had the same thing last week. My GF had some brown blood on Friday morning, and she also felt some light cramping. Nothing painful, and not alot of blood. She saw the Dr who said she thought she might be having a mis-carriage. She also complained of not feeling pregnant for a while. But a few hours later she was feeling nice and sick again!

Anyway on Monday she had a scan, everything was normal, and I am told she saw the heartbeat.

It is 7 weeks today! (Wednesday)

James

jim worm, thanks for the advice, glad things turned out ok, im having the same as your gf had, i had this in aug and it ended in miscarriage, fingers crossed. i will be 6 weeks tommorw so i will wait and see if it stops. thanks

julie

hi jerseyshoregirl.
its just abit of light brown spotting, it might be nothing and all be fine, i hope.
just worried coz started like this in aug and came on to be heavy blood and m/c.
but like i said im going for scan in aprow one week when i get the letter through so il have to see if it stops.

julie x

Hi Julie,
It is scary,I know.
I had it with my last pregnancy,who is now a lively 3 year old boy.
I was terrified because I had a miscarriage 18 months prior and then followed by a ruptured eptopic.

I am 11 weeks 2 days pregnant now and at 5 weeks 3 days it happened again.
Of course I jumped into panic mode,but it did stop and Dr told me at that stage it was very possible it was implantation bleeding as the baby burrows into the womb securely.

I know its easy to say don't worry,everyone said it to me and it didn't stop me.
What I will say is focus on baby and that everything is fine and will be.

Big ((((hugs))))

cybermum thanks , its good to hear that it turned out well after you went through the same.
it sounds like you have been through it all.
did this brown discharge last long when u had it at 5wks 3 days?
x

I had this when i was 6 weeks. The doctor said to just try and take things a little easier, its not a defnite sign of misscariage, its could be old blood since you are so early. That is why you need a scan..i was given a scan and they should let you know what is going on there and then, and give you it in a letter to return to a doctor.. When i had it, it lasted a few days, then mabye 2-3 days later i had the scan, and everything is fine and im having a healthy little boy.. Hope everything is alrite for you, try not to worry its most likely nothing, as this is common in early pregnancy...Good luck:hug: hope everythings ok

cybermum thanks , its good to hear that it turned out well after you went through the same.
it sounds like you have been through it all.
did this brown discharge last long when u had it at 5wks 3 days?
x

The first time with DS it lasted a couple of days and this time a full day with cramps as well.
I didn't have the cramps last time so this time I was more scared,but the spotting stopped and the cramps went away the following day.

Yes I am highrisk ,I have protien S which causes the blood to thicken too much and can cause M/C though DR's didn't diagnose me until 4th PG.

I hope everything is fine for you,are you in much pain or is it just the spotting you have?

I had brown spotting at about 6 weeks and it carried on right through to about 11 weeks. I also had a couple of more red "bleeds" at about 7+4 and 9 weeks. I had little to no cramps but I was passing very small clots throughout which was scary. I am now 22 weeks with my little prince and everything appears to be going well! Just goes to show that bleeding doesn't always mean the worst. Hope everything is ok hunny, think positive!

cybermum, i have had slight period pain type feelings, but nothing painfull.
thanks for your post.

leanneandbump, im glad all turned out well for you, thanks for helping.
maybe im worrying over nothing, il keep u posted

julie

I Had Brown Discharge At 4 Weeks And It Carried On Right Thru To Amlost 6 Weeks But Half Way Thru This Discharge I Had A Fresh Bleed Only Lasted For 1 Hour But Trickled Out Of Me (sorry Tmi) I Spent The Night In The A&e Only To Get Told I Have To Wait A Week For A Scan, Anyways Turned Out There Was Two Lil Bubbas In There And All Was Fine!

Oh And When I Had The Fresh Bleed I Had Severe Cramps With It Just B4 The Bleed Thats When I Thaught The Worst~! So It Just Shows Pain And Blood Arent Always A Bad Thing!

emzlouize, thats fab twins, exciting stuff.
im gonna just try and chill and wait till next wed 10am having scan.
il be pleased as punch if i can see heartbeat.
thanks for your friendly posts they mean alot

julie x

No problem julie, i hope everything is alrite for you..have my fingers crossed for u...You should be able to see the heartbeat at the scan, i did and i was only like 6 wks 6 days.. Best of luck let us know how you are! x

i should be aprox 7 wks when i have scan next wed, so hopefully il be ok, thanks again
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->