Brown Discharge Mean Pregnancy sometimes...

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by k babies, Aug 24, 2009.

1. k babies

k babies Well-Known Member

Okay, I missed my period for two months so my ob gyne dr. did a blood preg test and it came back at a 7. Then she drew it again 5 days later and it was <0.5. So she started me on Provera a 10 day treatment and on the second day(only took one pill) I cramped and then had brown discharge for 3-4 days. I dont know why I had this discharge (and it wasn't heavy) only had it about once a day and it wasnt very much. I thought you were supposed to bleed after you were done with the provera and you would start like 3-4days later? Could I be pregnant? I have 5 days left of the medicine but dont want to take it. Could the 7 hcg level mean that the egg met the sperm and then the brown discharge then be the implantation bleeding( I know hcg levels are supposed to go up after 5 days) but maybe they didnt go up bc the egg/sperm hadnt implanted yet or maybe there was an error in the blood test. I just find it hard to believe that my number would be a 7 then 5 days later <0.5 and then the brown discharge that I had for 3-4 days and suddenly stop.

2. MsLesley

MsLesley Well-Known Member

only after implantation happens is when you start to produce HCG. if you went from 7 to >5....this could mean that implantation tried to happen and failed. The numbers should definitely not drop and if it does, thats not a good sign.

I dont know anything about that drug so it could have been that that caused you to bleed, im not sure.

3. k babies

Okay, update please comment.

I took a pregnancy test and it was a faint positive. I called the doctor and they are doing another beta hcg. I went in tonight and will have the results hopefully tomorrow am. So what do you guys think? I am still on the provera to start my period and I had a pelic exam yesterday where she made sure everything else was okay(cuz I was having slight) abdominal pain and since then I have been bleeding a little bit. But I think it is because she pushed on my cervix. So what do you guys think?

4. Sarah_Sunshin

Sarah_Sunshin Well-Known Member

you could be pregnant but I'm not sure. It sounds like it could be a chemical pregnancy if you keep bleeding. I'm having a discharge too 10 days before AF is due with cramps. So I'm kinda in your same boat. Plus tonight when I brushed my teeth they didn't bleed but they burn.

I guess wait and see, that's what I have to do. Do you temp?

5. k babies

No I dont temp. Thanks for the comment, I dont know what to think either!!!:0(

6. Sarah_Sunshin

Sarah_Sunshin Well-Known Member

I know, it's hard and it sucks! But start temping if you don't get your bfp... go to walmart and buy a BBT therm. it's under 10 dollars i believe, it works wonders!! I love mine.

7. k babies

Okay got results back of blood test and negative! i will never use an accu clear pregnancy test again. they give false positives right at the 10 minute mark.

8. Jamiepooh94

Jamiepooh94 New Member

I have not had a period in 2 months, but me and my fiance had tried 2-4 days before i was suppose to get my period. Now i have taken about 4 tests, and all came back negative. But like for the past month or so, ive been having like normal clear discharge, and now, i got up thinking i was bleeding, but it was just like a brownish discharge. My periods have been irregular for the past 3 years, but nothing like this. When i stopped taking birth control is when it all started getting regular again, and that was almost a year ago. Could i be pregnant ?